Wet Stone or Diamond??????

Hi All,

I have always used wet stones, 3 grits, for plane and chisel. But ya have t o flatten the stones now and then, which I do. And all the water and slurr y is a tad messy. I use some small diamond "stones" for the pocket knife, and it works well. Saw they had 3X8" diamond stones for sale on www.dmtsha rp.com

A purist would only use a real stone, but have any of you used the diamond ones??? I'm tempted after the good luck I've had with the small ones.

Rich.....

Reply to
cwo4cno7325

I use a diamond when I have a nick. As i have a coarse diamond now.

I have water and arkansas stones in finer grits.

if I had to buy today, I would buy diamond. There are better deals for dmt than the dmt site. See

or dags since there may be better deals now.

Be aware you should use oil to prevent rusting, mineral oil or cutting oil. I like mineral since I use it for other things too.

Reply to
woodchucker

If you have water stones that still have a lot of life in them, as I do, you might get the DMT lapping plate to flatten them. I just got one and it works quite well.

Reply to
scritch