Wet Stone or Diamond??????

Hi All,
I have always used wet stones, 3 grits, for plane and chisel. But ya have t o flatten the stones now and then, which I do. And all the water and slurr y is a tad messy. I use some small diamond "stones" for the pocket knife, and it works well. Saw they had 3X8" diamond stones for sale on www.dmtsha rp.com
A purist would only use a real stone, but have any of you used the diamond ones??? I'm tempted after the good luck I've had with the small ones.
Rich.....

I use a diamond when I have a nick. As i have a coarse diamond now.
I have water and arkansas stones in finer grits.
if I had to buy today, I would buy diamond. There are better deals for dmt than the dmt site. See http://www.bestsharpeningstones.com/dmt/DMT_Dia-Sharp_4_Stone_Kit_2.html or dags since there may be better deals now.
Be aware you should use oil to prevent rusting, mineral oil or cutting oil. I like mineral since I use it for other things too.
--
Jeff

On 9/15/2013 3:15 PM, woodchucker wrote:

If you have water stones that still have a lot of life in them, as I do, you might get the DMT lapping plate to flatten them. I just got one and it works quite well.