Wet sanding Waterlox Original?

I am finishing a night table and want to wet sand with 400 wet or dry paper. The finish is Waterlox Original. What do I use as the 'wet' for sanding, water?
--
Bob

mineral spirits

I use water. Basically your trying to lubricate your sand paper and lather up what you are sanding. I've used the finish itself for "wet" sanding but I've found water will work just as well (and is less mess fwiw). Oh, use wet (black color) paper. The brown stuff self destructs when wet. SH
Water or mineral spirits. I always like to lubricate some 4/0 steel wool with Johnson's paste wax and then buff with an old T-shirt.
Brian.