Western Tool Supply...anyone familiar with their retail stores?

Anyone from out west able to provide any info on Western Tool Supply retail stores? How are they for customer service? Prices? How extensive is the tool selection? Etc.
Terry Sumner

I've frequented the store in Tigard - or is it Tualatin? Or...? (Oh it's the one on 72nd Street.) Anyway, their prices are comparable to many and oftentimes down to the same as Amazon. The guys seem friendly enough - tho I haven't had any complaints for them to deal with. Also keep in mind I've never mail ordered anything from them either. Tool selection is pretty good for run of the mill contractor/construction type equipment. They don't carry anything like Lie-Nielsen, Two Cherries, Sorby or the like, but Porter-Cable, Senco, Makita, Jet, etc. are pretty well stocked.
They have a lot of contractor type tools and wood worker machinery. I bought my Unisaw from them. John

I deal with these guys a lot - they have several stores in the Portland area. They're very competitive - they will occasionally beat HD and Lowes, and when they don't, they're usually pretty close. And on those rare occasions when I've had problems, their service has been first rate. Their selection is good for their customer base - they are a contractor's supply house, not a woodworking specialty store. The generally carry higher quality, professional grade stuff, but there is some overlap with HD and Lowes.
When you special order small stuff, they do charge shipping. They stand behind what they sell, but don't expect anything like a Woodcraft/HD/Lowes "return for any reason whatsoever" policy.
I believe (but I'm not sure) that their online prices are the same as their retail store prices.
Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com

I'm also in the Portland area and I've been to the Airport Way/NE 122nd Ave. store several times this past week. Bought three Delta tools: benchtop drill press, 12" planer and (yesterday) the 1 hp dust collector kit.
Their prices are better than I've seen on the Web and the advice and service are outstanding. The fellow with whom I've worked has answered all my questions honestly and fairly and showed me how to adjust my Delta 10" miter saw so it would cut completely through the lower, outside corner of a 2x6.
After my old, 2 hp/6 gal Genie shop vacuum failed to pick up planings and saw dust I knew it was time to replace it. My research on the Web found a Jet portable model for $200 that would fit my budget. Western Tool Supply didn't have the little job, but they had both the Jet and the Delta. The only difference between the two was price: the Delta sells for $148 while the Jet is $199. It was the salesman who told me there was no practical difference between the two, so I bought the Delta.
For someone with a lot of questions I have found WTS to be a _very_ good place to spend my money. They certainly know more than do most folks at Home Depot or Lowes.
I recommend them.
Rich