Wenge and yellow interior

I have worked with Wenge many times before, with some yellow inside that does turn brown pretty quickly.. I have some 8/4 now that has a lot of yellow inside... I feel confident that it will turn brown eventually but I think it will take longer than I really want (client would like his piece). I cut it open a couple of weeks ago and it still was not up to it's proper color. I have a scientist friend who is looking into a way to give it a oxygen boost, (which should speed up the process) either through a tent or a wipe on chemical... Anyone have any ideas on speeding up the process...
With Cherry sunshine is the ticket but you can flash it with lye to speed the process. There are other chemical reactions you can use.It just depends on what natural compunds are in the species to start with for reactive type coloring.
Here is a reference I use. It explains the lye method and touches on lots of others so I won't give details. http://www.woodworking.org/WC/Garchive01/3_27colorants.html