Well this is what I decided on what Table saw(s) I am going to Buy

Thanks for the great idea of the Saw Board, I will have one in my shop for sure, it's a great idea but I am still going to buy a better Table saw. I decided it would be between the Rigid TS3650 and The Craftsman Model 22104. The Rigid is $549 at HD and the Craftsman Model

22104 is $529 (They have to order me one, 3 days to get, and they said that they would give me $50 off the price for a total of $479.00). I like the idea of the wheels on the bottom of the Rigid for moving it around the shop, but I have heard some things about the arbor on it as well. I am sure both have great Warranty, but I like the fence on the Craftsman. It's seems very Solid. I also believe that buying after market add ons seem to be easier for the Craftsman as well. Thanks for all the ideas and happy woodworking.
Reply to
bdeditch

In that case - I'd go with the Craftsman based on what you've said here. I haven't looked at either saw so this is not an endorsement of the Craftsman saw - it's a reaction to what you state above. Wheels can go on any saw easily. A good fence is something you'll spend money on quickly if the saw you buy doesn't have one. Good fences cost more than wheels. And - they're more critical to good woodworking than wheels.

OK - I spent all of that time writing that, I'm going to leave it. But - I just looked at both saws on the web. The Craftsman saw, by most measures is a far superior saw design than the Rigid. It is a cabinet saw design versus a table saw design. The fence system on the Craftsman is one which several here have had experience and have vouched for. It's still what is on my table saw and I love it. It's still as solid and as accurate as when I put it on. It looks like the Rigid might use the same fence, but I can't really tell from the picture.

All I can offer is my opinion, but all other things being equal, I'd go with the Craftsman simply based on the cabinet design over the Rigid.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I have the Craftsman you are looking at and I have no hesitation to recomment it to you. I have mine mounted on a Shop Fox mobile base. The fence is not the Bies that you get on the $950 model but it is still quite acceptible.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon