Well, I Think It Is a Gloat

though I'm sure many won't just because it has Harbor Freight in it.
My wife and I were going to hang a tiled ceiling in the bathroom and I needed a stapler to tack up the furring strips and tiles. I looked up the deals on the net and printed out the page for item 40073 so I could get the online price of $34.97. This is an 18 gauge stapler, plastic case, oil, and 2000 staples in 4 sizes.
When I went to use my receipt, the cashier told me it was cheaper there and rang it up at $23.97!! I can't believe getting this for $24. I took it home, threaded in the INCLUDED quick connect and went to work. It works great and I'm completely satisfied.
Bruce wrote:

Not so fast there Lone Ranger. I have their narrow crown stapler but I paid $25 and it didn't have but one box of staples with it. Works fine for me.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Is it a policy that Harbor Freight will honor their online pricing if you bring a printout, or just a "service" that some stores provide?
I guess the trade-off is shipping vs. sales tax, (or convenience vs. the fun of looking at all the stuff in the store)
Tom M.

In rec.woodworking

You misunderstood me, but I think it was because I wrote it poorly. I HAD brought in the printout. I was trying to get the $34.97 price on the printout and the current store price was $23.97 so I was trying to pay $11 MORE, like an idiot.

No, I understood you. You expected the online price to be lower, which would normally be true. You got a nice surprise! It's a good thing you didn't storm in and DEMAND to pay the online price!!
My question relates to the normal scenario, where the online price IS lower. Does Harbor Freight always honor it if you bring in the printout, or does it depend on the mood of the manager that day?
It's actually a mute point now, because I had the same experience that you had. I wasn't even planning to make the purchase yet, but I stopped in yesterday to look around and I found my item on closeout for less than the online price. The clerk had to dig deep in the pile because I got the last one, a shiny new Chicago Pneumatic (the real thing) impact wrench. (I'm a car guy too).
Tom M.