Well I'm glad he cleared that up!

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for clearing that up

An old Monty Python fan, I'd forgotten that one.

:-)
"Mekon" wrote in message

In that regard, and having recently scored a bandsaw blade tension meter from Iturra, if you own a large bandsaw that can utilize larger blades and don't want to buy one, it is well worth borrowing one just to see how far off these tack on "tension indicators" can be.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Thanks for that I had no idea there was such a beast.
Mekon
<snip>

Good thing the 800 number didn't work.. I'd hate to have to HEAR that advice!
Mac

Singapore outfit. Globalization....

It doesn't represent the company very well, but it's not terribly difficult to get the meaning. You at least got an answer from someone who knows something. A worthless answer in perfect english doesn't get you anywhere.
Short version:
The scales are only a starting point, you need to adjust it properly by other means. Apparently the labels got put on incorrectly on your saw. Please just deal with it. Or you could make it your dealer's problem instead of mine, that would be nice.
-Leuf

And every time a new, custom-welded blade is installed, the 'meter' needs recalibrating. If the new blade differs in length by as much as 1/4", the indicator will be 'wrong', if you're looking to get to a certain setpoint.
My Jet 16" had blades at 123", IIRC. All a little different. Sold it to a friend who needed it more than I did last month. Duginske's Band Saw book was more useful than the Jet manual for him, too.
Tune by ear, if you can, I guess.
Patriarch
"Leuf" wrote

Leuf, you have just achieved the status of universal translator for the wreck.
It does help to know about the topic. That is why I did so well with the electronic equipment. At the time, I was current on all the equipment. So if a strange manual came along, it was reasonably easy to translate. If I was not familiar with the equipment, it would have been much harder.