well...I done and did it

I broke down today and bought that new Triton 3 1/2 hp router....BOY>>>>>>>>Ain't life sweet...
plus the wifey told me I needed a new vise too........so I now own a new 7 inch RECORD quick release vise.....
yep...I AM a LUCKY man
(just for having a great wifey....plus the new toys are nice too!)
John
--
Rose Cottage Woodworks
www.rosecottageinn.co.nz.woodworks
"John Gilham/Patsy Scott" wrote in message

If you care to read a review, check out Bill Esposito's review of the Triton Router at www.onlinetoolreviews.com
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - Woodworking Techniques & Projects - Kreg Right Angle Clamp - Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw - Dowelmax Doweling System - Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill ------------------------------------------------------------
Dean,
I've read it. I've also read the review by Pat Warner at http://www.patwarner.com/triton.html .
I am hoping to see a cross-section of opinions, hence the request. I have yet to see comments by anyone putting one under heavy usage.
cheers,
Greg

Groggy wrote:

My usage wouldn't count has heavy...but here's my 2c, anyway. I got mine for xmas last year and have used it on a few small projects, so far. It has almost exclusively been used in the table (which is why I bought it, of course).
The above-the-table bit changing, automatic shaft lock and easy height adjustment is everything I'd hoped for. The soft-start took a little getting-used-to when used in hand - I've used had this feature before. I have grown accustomed to it.
The (included) edge guide is quite slick...although I've only used it in circle-cutting mode - which worked quite nicely. The dust-collection seems to work reasonably well, but it doesn't catch everything, particularly when routing in the table. I'm quite fond of the safety lock-out feature.
I just got the template-bushing kit this week. I've installed it and it seems pretty well-engineered, but I haven't used it, yet.
In my opinion, if you're buying a large router for table use, the Triton should be on the A-list.
--
Chris Merrill

There is some feed back at Amazon.com... Not real favorable especially with units bought 8 or 9 months ago. Seems there is a problem with the switch getting filled with saw dust and not working and less than acceptable run out at the collet. Out of 8 users the average rating is 2.5 stars out of a possible 5.

Nothing better than a great wifey and new tools. Congratulations and lets us know how you like the router. Ted

So, how will you feel when you discover that it is actually less than 2 1/2 horsepower?

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:57:20 +1200, "John Gilham/Patsy Scott"

Last time my wife told me I needed a new vice I suggested I take up chasing women -- kinda made me wish I hadn't gotten her that .38 for Christmas a couple of years back.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com