Weekend Gloat

Finally have a chance to share some good fortune that came my way. Found a woodworker who was moving and selling many of his tools and wood to lighten the load. Picked up the following

Soft Maple for $1/BF. Down in Florida the best price I found was $4.5/BF. Walnut for $2/BF And the best for last, he had some 4'x8' sheets of Birds Eye Maple veneer plywood! Thes go for $400 a sheet new. I bought one for $100. That is a true tresure. Going to use the birds eye and soft maple for a bed, with Birds Eye panels.

Still happy from the buys and looking forward to putting it to use once I get the confidence to cut the ply!

Reply to
slindars

I hate you! :)

Dave

Reply to
David

you suck so bad, Florida thinks Ivan is returning.. *g* Mac

03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
Reply to
mac davis

One time, I found an "odd" sheet of the maple/birch ply at HD for $30. It was a fairly nice sheet of BI on one side. Made my surround speakers from it:

guess that sucks even better than $100/sheet.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

Good for you! But you normally have to pay $400 for Birds Eye Maple plywood???? That's $12.50 per square foot. I think I can buy solid wood Birds Eye Maple for less than that.

Reply to
Leon

But how much to turn that into a sheet of plywood, Leon? :)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Anderson