Weekend Gloat

Finally have a chance to share some good fortune that came my way. Found a woodworker who was moving and selling many of his tools and wood to lighten the load. Picked up the following
Soft Maple for $1/BF. Down in Florida the best price I found was $4.5/BF. Walnut for $2/BF And the best for last, he had some 4'x8' sheets of Birds Eye Maple veneer plywood! Thes go for $400 a sheet new. I bought one for $100. That is a true tresure. Going to use the birds eye and soft maple for a bed, with Birds Eye panels.
Still happy from the buys and looking forward to putting it to use once I get the confidence to cut the ply!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I hate you! :)
Dave
On 20 Jul 2005 08:01:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

you suck so bad, Florida thinks Ivan is returning.. *g* Mac 03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

One time, I found an "odd" sheet of the maple/birch ply at HD for $30. It was a fairly nice sheet of BI on one side. Made my surround speakers from it:
http://cerchaos.homeip.net:1280/woodworking6.html
I guess that sucks even better than $100/sheet.
Chris
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

Good for you! But you normally have to pay $400 for Birds Eye Maple plywood???? That's $12.50 per square foot. I think I can buy solid wood Birds Eye Maple for less than that.
Leon wrote:

But how much to turn that into a sheet of plywood, Leon? :)
Phil