Wedge-shaped table

I'm designing an end table to serve a reclining chair which sits diagonally in the corner of the room. The table is to go in the triangular space between the chair and the wall. I'm thinking of a wedge-shaped table (actually a trapezoid) in which the sides are 68 degrees (90 degrees minus

22-1/2 degrees) to the front and 112 degrees (90+22-1/2) to the rear. The legs are likewise non-square in cross section so that the leg sides meet the aprons at a right angle for the M&T joint. Table front is about 18", rear about 10", equal sides of about 16" (just rough eyeball dimensions to help me describe it.)

I'm sure this can be done, but it sounds terribly complicated, plus I'm afraid the difference in the front and rear legs will look all funny. Has anyone tried a different solution for an end table to fit this kind of space?

Reply to
Dick Smith

instead of legs, why not just use plywood sides for the two long dimensions? Then some adjustable shelves for the tv guides, and empty beer cans, etc, that I always seem to accumulate next to my recliner....

Reply to
FEngelman