Web page software

There are some free web page builders out there. A long time ago I used the following:

but I wasn't doing anything fancy. And here's a link to a short review of 5 open source builders:

Larry Blanchard

OpenOfice has been rather stagnant since Apache took over. LibreOffice is better maintained:

Doug Winterburn

I was curious about the difference since I down-loaded Open Office recently. I didn't exactly identify the "difference", but this was interesting:

Bill

------------------------------------------ Have you checked out Google?

I built this using "pages.google.com"; however, it is now called "google sites"

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Tue, 7 May 2013 16:28:49 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

I would disagree, especially in Karl's case where he makes his living from woodworking. Someone looking to have something built always has a particular type of item in mind.

By putting a number of projects on the same page, it lets a potential buyer zero in faster on an example of what they're looking for.

And, your example of scrolling down being slower doesn't make sense. It's much slower to load a new page than it is to scroll down on an already loaded page.

Reply to
none

If you have a very slow connection it's faster to load small pages than one large page. Browsers can (but not always, for some reason) completely hang until a page is completely loaded. It's frustrating because you can't even switch to another tab. It happens to me often which is odd because my connection isn't all that slow (DSL).

Reply to
krw