WE are losing it.

Page 10 of 10

He clearly knows how to use that front door.

Every American Administration since WWII has been good buddies with the Saudis.
--
FF

Something of a "have to be" to keep oil flowing. The Bush family, though, seems to consider the Saudi monarchy (if that's what it is) family friends.
Something of a "have to be" to keep oil flowing. The Bush family, though, seems to consider the Saudi monarchy (if that's what it is) family friends.
Amazing how the opinion flows, but the facts are unknown. Not that they should interfere, of course....

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2004/06/b99415.html http://www.hermes-press.com/BushSaud.htm http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/1211-05.htm http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001997123_bushgifts05.html http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0416,mondo5,52956,6.html
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,27/id,2035/catid,15/func,fb_pdf /

I love that guy.
--
FF

You had a problem with defining "race". You obviously don't/won't understand the meaning of my statement.
D'ohBoy wrote:

How about starting out by explaining the fact that islam is NOT a race.
Next?

In article

Can you understand that Muslims are not a race, so nothing said about Muslims can be called racist?
http://improve-usenet.org /
Thu, Feb 21, 2008, 6:37am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (D'ohBoy) doth query: Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?
I haven't been reading the thread, just figured I'dcheck why someone is slurring Leon. Simple enough, Muslim is a religion, not a race. Cancel Leon as idiot of the day.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Robatoy wrote:

Some minimum wage luddite who probably has already risen to his/her level of incompetence makes a tasteless but otherwise fairly innocuous one-liner joke, and next thing we know the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the vice president of one of the biggest companies in the world are involved? Yeah, the cashier should have kept his/her piehole shut. But, how did the big muckety-micks even learn of it unless the shopper totally blew it all out of proportion? Who's the most insensitive, the cashier, or the butt of the joke?
My common since says to shut my mouth but oh well here it goes. First people in this country blamed the Indians for their problems. Then the Germans then the Irish then the Italians then the Jewish then the Blacks then the Asians then the Mexicans, well some still blame the Blacks and Mexicans, now it's the Muslims. When will fools quit blaming races or religions for moronic behavior and start blaming the individuals. Now here is an original thought lets stick with woodworking in this woodworking news group and take your juvenile prejudice to a news group better suited to the purpose. Puff
message

Common sense is not common.

If *I* were to wear a veil, and cover my face as I approached a cashier, I sure as hell would get taken down. And if *I* can't wear a veil, then neither should anybody else. And if *I* have to wear a helmet on my bike, the fact that I have a turbin on my head should not excuse me from wearing a helmet. We all make choices. If people chose to live in North America they should adapt.
My apologies for forgetting about the OT. Now, was there a woodworking question in that little rant of yours?
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:21:09 -0500, "Puff Griffis"

Howdy,
Usually, if a comment starts with something like "My common since says to shut my mouth but oh well here it goes" what happens next is not worth reading...
Yours is the exception, and you have my admiration for offering it.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

I confess, when I was younger and lived in a city with only a sprinkle of minorities except for Mexican Americans, I too wondered what all the fuss was about. Then I moved to Houston 34 years ago and that is when my perception changed. Remember I started out thinking, what's the problem. I continue to judge an individual that I meet with a clean slate. I draw the line when laws are broken and unfortunately some nationalities tend to break the law more often than others. This casts a bad light on the group as a whole when you seldom hear anything good about a particular race. Houston is a very diverse group of races. Predominately, Mexican, Black, White, Asian, and Middle Easterners. With out a doubt the race that complains the least, tries the hardest to fit in, and the one that you do not see as often on the news involved in a crime, are the Asians. When they first started arriving in numbers there was resentment towards them for a very brief period of time however they have earned respect and IMHO are some of the best neighbors. Most all the other minorities in Houston want to take back Texas, reparations, or be exempt from our laws. And then there are those, "all races", that want to remove "God in public places and Government buildings, from all of our lives.