WE are losing it.

Page 9 of 10

A Government that has the power to suppress lies also has the power to suppress truth. We have faith that on a level playing field, truth will prevail.

I'm not familiar with that acronym.
--
FF

In article

Who Would Jesus Torture?
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Ah, but that is where they are further using our society against us. Try refuting what they say if you are on a college campus where they have been allowed to make their statements. You, like Leon, will be accused of bigotry, racism, and hate speech. If you are a student, you will be invited to a re-education camp (oops, I mean sensitivity training); if you refuse, you will be expelled for creating an atmosphere of hate. Unfortunately, these groups choose the forums in which they express their hatred publicly, then use the rules of that forum to suppress any backlash or refuting commentary.

There are many avenues of rebuttal - even on a college campus. Sure you may not get equal stage time, but there are newspapers, radio, local television, and soapboxes. (I recall the stump-speakers at Penn State railing away at something or other.)
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe
Thank you Robert, My comment was not a shot from the hip response. I have heard and seen the similar interviews and comments as those that you have referred to. The apathy and the twisting of our laws is dragging this country down. Home of the free does not mean every thing is free and you are free to do what you want. We need to start defending our country and quit being limp. We have to demand more from our leaders and make them accountable for their actions. The old saying united we stand divided we fall has never rang so true. I don't mind a mixture of culture, what I do mind are cultures that feel they have a right to change out country to suite their needs. These new people coming to live in our country need to respect the country that they have chosen to live and work in. Unfortunately the attraction, the once all mighty dollar, is what they are after. Many are after freedom but do not realize that freedom comes with a price.

The United States stands for religious freedom and tolerance. Religions, by and large, do not. Hence the conundrum.
It is pretty easy for me to understand that it is wrong for the government to pay homage to a religious notion such as the existence of God, and especially wrong to require that individuals do the same. Yet there are some people who feel that their religion demands that their government do exactly that.

Imagine if the founding fathers had felt as you do.
--
FF

Leon wrote:

See. http://uk.youtube.com/user/patcondell
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:37:50 -0800 (PST), "D'ohBoy"

Can you 'splain to me exactly when Islam became a race?
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

My apologies for my outrage at the gross bigotry present in Leon's statement overwhelming my semantic gifts. But that doesn't change the problems with his statement.
The basic thrust of my comment remains valid. Who is the us who owns 'our laws?' White male Protestant US citizens? Are Muslims not Americans? Aren't all Americans subject to and the owners of American law?
D'ohBoy
D'ohBoy wrote:

My apologies in advance for making you out to be a complete and total idiot.
Since when is it gross bigotry to point out salient facts? The fact of the matter is that radical islamic groups like CAIR are using US laws against the citizens of this country to establish a foothold in US society in which they can establish their own Sharia type laws. The writings of their various leaders has firmly established their goals and ultimate objective. Various writings frankly sneer at our ideas of freedom of speech and other freedoms.

If you mean by "our" laws, the laws and customs of the US, then one would assume that we all own them. Muslims can and are US citizens, they are not free to establish their own sets of laws within this country. It used to be that when people came to this country from other countries, they were expected to assimilate into the culture of this country, not expect this country to adapt to the culture of the country from which they originated. The fact is that they are using the freedoms we have available to us in order to establish a foothold with the intent of removing those freedoms at a later date.

Ask anybody who lives in the UK, France, The Netherlands and other parts of the EU where the infiltration has already begun, they will tell you that it is NOT a good idea. Freedom of what you believe should be a right, to use it as a back- door for political change is not. I think it is time we start collecting foreskins again.
I think it is time we start collecting foreskins again.
Muslim men are circumcised because Abraham had both Isaac and Ishmael circumcised.
Your reference is to David and the Philistines?

The more you know..... ( I didn't know)

It was.

Freedom of belief coupled with free speech is the FRONT door of political change.
--
FF

Don't forget to buy your lady a burka then.

Why?
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

<http://www.dotsub.com/films/moredemands/index.php?autostart=true&language_setting=en_1618

He doesn't much like Bush's Buddies does he? Sensible man.
Charlie Self wrote:

The Clintons don't seem to mind them:
http://www.nysun.com/article/5137