WE are losing it.

Page 5 of 10

Of course it makes him of better character. The person who publicly refuses on grounds of their personal beliefs is much more aligned with truth than the one who elects to deceive jurors into thinking he holds similar faith to them.
Sounds to me like you would support a defendant or witness donning a yarmulke once they learn a majority of the jurors are Jewish. Wearing religious symbols or professing faith have zero bearing on the moral compass of the person - just remember the Catholic priest abuses.
A juror who is unable to delineate testimony depending on whether a witness is of similar faith to himself should not be sitting in the box.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe

I hope that attitude continues to work out for you.

Leon, of the two of us, you are much more likely to get suckered in this business of life by the guy posing as something he's not than I am by the guy who is forthright about what he believes.
The terrorist who professes his beliefs and in his view labels my son an infidel is much more predictable than the priest who cites God and silently molests my son behind the altar.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe

Hummm Having been in and retired from Upper management, starting as a stock boy in the automotive business, I have managed and hired hundreds of people at various times and dealt with thousands of customers. I have seen lots of scams and tactics to deceive. I easily rubbed elbows with all of my employees. Perhaps you have delt with more people on a more successful level.
You have missed what ever point there was to the discussion. Way back in the beginning of this thread I made a comment and have been relentlessly questioned about that comment. I answered those questions and for the life of me I cannot understand what the big deal is. I have my opinion y'all have yours.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
Just as likely, the terrorist who professes his beliefs and in his view labels you son an infidel MAY NOT be more predictable than the priest who cites God and does not molest your son. You can make any thing up.
There is an evil influence every where and no one or thing is eximpt from its temptation or deception. Being able to recognize that deception makes life less dramatic. It helps to be of good moral character and be able to reference where those morals originated to recognize deception. And no, your parents or their parents or their parents were not the origin of the morals thay you may of may exercise.

I used to laugh--'60s--at the college loan applications that provided a list of Communist organizations and then required the signer to affirm that he/she had never belonged to any of these, nor had any intent to overthrow the government of the U.S. I guess they rooted out thousands of spies that way. Sure they did. I tried to explain to one oath-giver that the undercover "intelligence" types would be the first to sign without a pause, but she couldn't understand that.
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:29:15 -0800, Charlie Self wrote:

I was once asked if I believed in the violent overthrow of the government. I replied that of course I did, how did the questioner think our country got started. I got my security clearance :-).
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:07:14 +0000, Leon wrote:

I want a jury of my peers! All agnostics!
Too many religious people think it's their right to force their moral code on others.

For a jury of peers you need to be tried in England. On this side of the pond there is no dichotomy between lords and commoners.
--
FF

So you would prefer to be judged by wishey washey types, those that cannot decide one way or the other if they believe in a God or not? I guess it you murdered some one they may find that it is OK.
Leon wrote:

I hadn't thought of that......It would indeed increase of the odds of a hung jury by selecting jurists not committed enough to make decisions. One might as well anticipate an easier go among those whom moral compass is based upon "it depends" instead of a right or wrong, of which I'd suspect are often one and same. Rod
wrote in message

But on the flip side of the coin the guy that murdered your child could get off just as easily if tried by a non committal jury.
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:18:52 -0600, Leon wrote:

It's not "wishy-washy" to realize that you cannot prove a negative. Or, in the case of religion and politics, a positive either. That's why they call it a belief, not a fact.
I suspect most religions arose from the innate reluctance of our species to say "I don't know".
Larry Blanchard wrote:

So you wish a religious litmus test for justice? That is pretty sad.

Your right discouraging murder, rape and robbery is a grave burden for society to be inflicted with by a few crazed zealots.....Realistically it is the left that wishes true control , be it mandatory seat belt use, the right to smoke, what you eat and how much, your home, where and what you can build, buy or sell or even the trees in your yard. Then the thought police and the word nazi's, as well as no dissent being allowed (as a politician or on a college campus just try and doubt global warming).
Incidentally whom are these "too many" anyway and what control have they inflicted on whom? Rod
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Congratulations.
Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
Well, this thread's Subject line has been pretty well hashed out and left behind. I'm always amazed at how far a thread can go from its original subject line.
Just as a reminder, I'd like to point out that "Leon's Racism" hasn't been proven - at least not to me, and I suspect not to very many other than the person who changed the original subject line. But it persists.
Naw, I'm not gonna get into this either. I'm havin too much fun reading it.
--

Tanus

www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

LOL.. The darn hook just wont come out. But FIY I am not a racist. ;~) I simply believe that every one should have to stand in the same line, so to speak. If a person does not like being treated differently he should not bring attention to himself by acting or dressing differently.

B.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:30:27 -0800, Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

ROFL! Actually, I can imagine them doing just that :-).
Didn't a state legislator once try to change the value of Pi ?
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:33:11 -0800, Larry Blanchard

Hi Larry,
Yes, more than once, and if only those laws had passed buying tires for a bandsaw would be a heck of a lot easier! (and with that, we are back on topic...)
--
Kenneth

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:31:57 GMT, "Leon"
Hi Leon,
Perhaps you can help me to understand more about your views.
In one of your posts in this thread, you wrote:

but at another point you wrote:

Are you of the opinion that the 10 commandments should be displayed in the courts? If so, does that not imply "certain groups of people having special privileges?"
Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth