WE are losing it.

Page 2 of 10

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?
D'ohBoy

He didn't come across that way to me. Tom

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.
And if he sounded like a racist to someone, maybe that someone should try to hear what is being said, not what that someone wants to hear.
Some people hear...but they don't listen.
<snip>

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.
And if he sounded like a racist to someone, maybe that someone should try to hear what is being said, not what that someone wants to hear.
Some people hear...but they don't listen.
Tom Watson hit it on the head... read on down. T
Robatoy wrote:

Nor to me.
I don't think I agree with Leon on this one, but he hasn't shown any racist tendencies that I can see.
--

Tanus

www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Robatoy wrote:

There is a segment of society, that whenever it hears words of criticism directed at any protected block of society, will immediately scream "racism" or "bigotry". It's a nice way to suppress freedom of expression and squash debate. Works well when you don't have a really good position from which to base a cogent argument.

Yes. They are idiots.
Just like there is a segment of society, that whenever one of its members is President, and it hears of word of criticism directed at him, will immediately scream "liberal", or "traitor".

Yep.
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

From what I've seen, there aren't very many of those people around; at least with the not viewpoint that your comment insinuates regarding any criticism of the president. Try looking at the backlash his support for illegal aliens produced -- it wasn't coming from the left.
Now, maybe those people who are making the comments you reference aren't making them because someone is speaking against the president, but because of the correlated implied criticism of the country itself. Maybe it isn't the criticism of the president but the viewpoint being expressed.

Nope. It is when people denounce the President for violating his oath of office, for asserting powers for which he is granted no authority and which authority is granted instead to the Congress or the Courts, or even denied to all three, or when they denounce the President for breaking the law that they are called "liberals", or "traitors". Even if one assumes they are in error as to Constitutional law or the facts, at the very least it should be recognized that they speaking in defense of the country, right?
--
FF

Sure, but let me restate laws as being customs. Our laws are simply being twisted and manipulated.
And keep in mind that when I say Muslims I did not and do not mean all Muslims. But a group of Moslems played a large roll in the recons I list below. I also realize that "all" races have their problems and are viewed similarly in other countries. I judge individuals on an individual basis but birds of a feather tend to flock together.
Can you simply get on board an airplane most anywhere in the US and the rest of the world and not go through a line to be sniffed and scanned? Why can't I wear a mask inside a bank? Why, in spite of dress codes, are some people allowed to disregard the dress code and dress a certain way because of their religion when GOD has supposedly been removed from most of our public schools? Why are they exempt form having GOD removed from their education?
Now there are "Special" hate crimes". These have especially became up front and center since 911. Why does a particular crime towards a particular race have a special upgrade in punishment. Why is a crime against one race far worse in punishment than when it is against another? Don't get me wrong, I think all crimes against any one or race is a hate crime but apparently crimes against some people are exempt from being classified a hate crime.
Why is there still a group called the KKK?
I don't believe in certain groups of people having special privileges and I don't believe that all Muslims are evil or have hate in their hearts but many do and right now because of what some Moslems have done, the rest of the Moslems are cast in the same light. "Every" race has its skeletons and every race has a reason for it's actions and beliefs.

My first ever photo ID was a passport. At the time, drivers' licenses did not have photos on them.
As they became more popular at least one state Missouri continued to issue non-photo licenses to people who objected on religious grounds. Those people by and large were Christian.
American law and custom is filled with exemptions for religious belief. Regarding conscription, members of some religious sects easily qualified for conscientious objector status while others had to prove deep seated personal, moral belief against war.
Separation of church and state is a conundrum. If churches are taxed, then church and state are not separate. If churches are not taxed, the state is showing favoritism to religion.
There is no solution. We just have to muddle through as best we can.
--
FF

If only we could let common sense play a more prominent role we would all be better off. Unfortunately everything has to be adjusted so that no one is offended. We are in a process that is certainly numbing out society. Most of us are adult and should realize by now that the world is not a fair and just place to live. A society advances by moving forward, not by dumbing down the system so that the undeserving have equal opportunity. Respect is earned, not a right.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:30:41 +0000, Leon wrote:

And I see few, if any, Muslims demonstrating in the streets against the latest atrocity. I have seen them dancing in the streets to celebrate. Is my assumption that the majority of them approve of the violence thus racist, or is it based on the evidence?
Larry Blanchard wrote:

It's bigotry based on religion, not on race.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:10:14 -0700, Just Curious wrote:

In other words, you can prove that most of them do NOT approve of the violence? Then how come no protests?

But who is the bigot? The Muslim who purports to be on our side, yet dances in the streets when an IED takes out a HumVee and several American soldiers, or the guy like Leon who complains about people going around dressed like bandits in a bad western from the '30s?

I's say it's you if you think that a Muslim who pupports to be on out side and a Muslim who dances in the streets when an IED takes out a HumVee are the same person, just because they are both Muslim.
When Americans in humvees went to Iraq we plunged their country into civil war. When Muslim women come to the US wearing burkas, they hurt no one.
--
FF

"Robatoy" wrote:
You don't owe anybody any explanation. <snip>
Still suffering the effects of male PMS are we?
Lew

Huh?

Why does someone refer to a comment about religion as 'racist'?
Calling all (putative) bigotry 'racism' is like calling all crime 'robbery'.
--
FF