WE are losing it. (2023 Update)

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was mocked because of her face veil.

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2, according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday by the council's Nevada chapter.

"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation," Rodriguez said without disclosing details.

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.

At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene confirmed the letter and declined further comment.

"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over the world.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Lee

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge while awaiting their flights in Bozeman, Montana, .

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show and the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana State University from the Middle East .

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks, " At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, "Once my People were few," he sneers, "and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The M> Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over

Reply to
Cooniedog

Hmm, I can't find any reference that this incident actually occurred. Is there a newspaper article or other reference?

Also, could this person be an actual US citizen? I don't recall a religious test to become a citizen. I would expect all of our laws to be equally applied to all of citizens and guests. Isn't that what I spent 4 yrs in Army for?

I love this wacky world called the Internet. You can say almost anything and then have achieve some level of truth and often without actually having to prove it.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Did you even try to find a reference?? :(

Google go me this:

Garage_Woodworks

Hmm, I can't find any reference that this incident actually occurred. Is there a newspaper article or other reference?

Also, could this person be an actual US citizen? I don't recall a religious test to become a citizen. I would expect all of our laws to be equally applied to all of citizens and guests. Isn't that what I spent 4 yrs in Army for?

I love this wacky world called the Internet. You can say almost anything and then have achieve some level of truth and often without actually having to prove it.

MJ

If you live anywhere near a big city and watch the news, it is almost daily that a Muslim wants special handling for his or her dress. Why can't I wear a mask and shield my face when in a bank?

Reply to
Leon

The Muslims are using our laws to slowly take over the world? How does that work?

Reply to
Jeff

Apparently very well, haven't you noticed?

Reply to
Leon

this kind of info, tends, on many occasions to be made up by someone. But there's an AP post on your reference. I just was curious.

Again, thanks for letting us all know.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Some minimum wage luddite who probably has already risen to his/her level of incompetence makes a tasteless but otherwise fairly innocuous one-liner joke, and next thing we know the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the vice president of one of the biggest companies in the world are involved? Yeah, the cashier should have kept his/her piehole shut. But, how did the big muckety-micks even learn of it unless the shopper totally blew it all out of proportion? Who's the most insensitive, the cashier, or the butt of the joke?

Reply to
Just Curious

If they're taking it over they're saving my neighborhood for last. I see maybe ten muslims a month. They have an odd sense of fashion but so do NASCAR fans and Amishmen.

Reply to
Jeff

Come to Houston, I probably have 100 in my neighborhood of 250 homes.

Reply to
Leon

homes.

Must be NASCAR fans, not many Amishmen in Houston.

But only 100 out of 250, seems a little low.

Lew.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

My common since says to shut my mouth but oh well here it goes. First people in this country blamed the Indians for their problems. Then the Germans then the Irish then the Italians then the Jewish then the Blacks then the Asians then the Mexicans, well some still blame the Blacks and Mexicans, now it's the Muslims. When will fools quit blaming races or religions for moronic behavior and start blaming the individuals. Now here is an original thought lets stick with woodworking in this woodworking news group and take your juvenile prejudice to a news group better suited to the purpose. Puff

"Robatoy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@71g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Common sense is not common.

If *I* were to wear a veil, and cover my face as I approached a cashier, I sure as hell would get taken down. And if *I* can't wear a veil, then neither should anybody else. And if *I* have to wear a helmet on my bike, the fact that I have a turbin on my head should not excuse me from wearing a helmet. We all make choices. If people chose to live in North America they should adapt.

My apologies for forgetting about the OT. Now, was there a woodworking question in that little rant of yours?

Reply to
Robatoy

Howdy,

Usually, if a comment starts with something like "My common since says to shut my mouth but oh well here it goes" what happens next is not worth reading...

Yours is the exception, and you have my admiration for offering it.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

No Amish in Houston/ :~) Although I may be the closest to that description. LOL

Yeah, I meant 100 homes out of 250 homes. ;~) Another 60 homes for the Asians, 60 homes for the Mexicans and the rest of us probably have parents that were born in the US.

Reply to
Leon

I confess, when I was younger and lived in a city with only a sprinkle of minorities except for Mexican Americans, I too wondered what all the fuss was about. Then I moved to Houston 34 years ago and that is when my perception changed. Remember I started out thinking, what's the problem. I continue to judge an individual that I meet with a clean slate. I draw the line when laws are broken and unfortunately some nationalities tend to break the law more often than others. This casts a bad light on the group as a whole when you seldom hear anything good about a particular race. Houston is a very diverse group of races. Predominately, Mexican, Black, White, Asian, and Middle Easterners. With out a doubt the race that complains the least, tries the hardest to fit in, and the one that you do not see as often on the news involved in a crime, are the Asians. When they first started arriving in numbers there was resentment towards them for a very brief period of time however they have earned respect and IMHO are some of the best neighbors. Most all the other minorities in Houston want to take back Texas, reparations, or be exempt from our laws. And then there are those, "all races", that want to remove "God in public places and Government buildings, from all of our lives.

Reply to
Leon

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy

Reply to
D'ohBoy