Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Take your meds.
"J. Clarke" wrote:

"J. Clarke" AKA: "The Clueless"
IOW, more crap that doesn't stick.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew, grow up. I don't know what your problem is but nobody here is interested in playing whatever game you think it is that you're playing.
"J. Clarke" wrote:

There is no game being played.
Your knowledge of mid 20th century history is obviously limited; however, you chose to make non relevant comments about the subject.
By your own actions, you have demonstrated how "clueless" you are about those events.
Hint:
Gen. George C Marshall, a member of Truman's staff and Joseph McCarthy, a US senator, were never, to the best of my knowledge, involved in any joint endeavor together.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

You really don't know who McCarthy was, do you?
"J. Clarke" wrote:

Enlighten me.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

McCarthy was rather famous for accusing just about everybody being a Communist and had enough power to ruin someone's career even if no charges were brought. Marshall was one of his victims--Marshall was also popular enough and his life was well enough known for the public to start to realize that McCarthy was an idiot, but that didn't help Marshall all that much. It didn't help that Eisenhower sided with McCarthy.
Google "Mccarthyism".
"J. Clarke" wrote:

As previously noted, McCarthy, Senator from Wisconsin, aided by the then young Roy Cohn, ran amuck from about 50-53 time frame.
Marshal Plan was implemented 47-48 time frame
Lew Hodgett wrote:

And what exactly does that have to do with anything?
"J. Clarke" wrote:

It should be obvious.
GIGO.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

So what, it was impossible for McCarthy to harm Marshall because the only thing in your opinion that Marshall ever did or wanted to do in his entire life was the Marshall Plan?
"J. Clarke" wrote:

What ever the circumstances, they are not relevant to the original thread, thus GIGO applies.
The end.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

And you are not relevant to my life, so <plonk> applies.
Go screw yourself you miserable loon.

Mission accomplished, problem solved.
"J. Clarke" wrote:

As previously noted, McCarthy, Senator from Wisconsin, aided by the brilliant as well as then young Roy Cohn, ran amuck from about 50-53 time frame.
Marshall Plan was implemented 47-48 time frame
Had forgotten that McCarthy came after Marshall.
My apologies for that oversight; however, McCarthy had nothing to do with the design and implementation of the Marshall plan in the first place.
Trying to inject his name into the thread did little to clarify the subject.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

But I thought Penny Marshall was an 80s sitcom star. I am soooo confused by this subthread ...

Eugene

No. He really doesn't know what Tailgunner Joe's relevance is to Marshall and waterboarding. Nor do I.
"HeyBub" wrote:

I wrote:

Must have been too subtle.
Lew