Way OT and political, too

Page 2 of 16

I have seen Mr. Obama handle all kinds of town-hall style impromptu questions from attendees. Same with impromptu answers, nay ELOQUENT answers, to questions during press conferences and in the field.
What surprises me, is that the right-wing nutbars actually have the audacity to comment on Mr. Obama's eloquence after what we all suffered for the last 8 years from MMMMMMBush. But you know what? Keep attacking the guy who got the job, after all, there is nothing left of the repuglican party... and there is no leader in sight other than *coughs* Louisiana Bobby "volcano" Jindal, Rush, or Newt? LOL.. or Mr. "Special Sex Pajamas" Mitt Romney.
You guys had your ass handed to you, now suck it up and try again. Simply being against Obama for the sake of being contrary is a weak position and laughable.
"Robatoy" wrote:

You guys had your ass handed to you, now suck it up and try again. Simply being against Obama for the sake of being contrary is a weak position and laughable.

Based on today's numbers, it appears the ultra conservative Republican point of view is now supported by less than 20% of the electorate.
Talk about having your ass handed to you, that is a serious ass whuppin.
Hell, Strom Thurman had that much support when he walked out of the Democratic convention in Philly in 1948 to form the Dixiecrats, and the Dixiecrats went nowhere.
The geography is the same, only the name has changed.
Listening to the Republican honchos today is an indication just how isolated from realty they have become.
As the old adage about debate, politics or the law goes:
If you have the facts, use them.
If you DON'T have the facts, throw crap on the wall and see if you can get some thing to stick.
So far, nothing is sticking.
Lew
.

Like that teleprompter bullshit. Obama does just fine without one, Bush couldn't string together two words WITH a teleprompter.
And the poor bastards in here who drank the neocon KoolAid still won't give up. Go figgur.
Robatoy wrote:

I could dig up plenty of youtube clips showing he doesn't. But I don't really care.
It's a moot point to me. I will take substance over style and character over charisma every day of the week.
--

-MIKE-

So do I. What some people have to learn, is to see beyond the dazzle of the charisma and evaluate the character without being distracted. Just because a guy is polished in his demeanor, doesn't mean that is all there is to the man.
Like in Bush's case, that simpleton oafishness and swagger belied the fact that beneath all that aw-chucksiness lied a..wait, bad example....

What percent do you suppose support the Extreme Left?

I previously wrote:

LD asks:

Good question, may I ask why do you ask?
Today's Democratic party contains a broad spectrum of views from very conservative to very liberal.
OTOH, near as I can tell, only the ultra onservative point of view is now represented in the Republican party.
Everybody else has apparently bailed out.
Lew

You really think the Extreme LEFT has disappeared?

That's not what Lew said, and, in fact, he didn't even imply it.

That's not what Lew said, and, in fact, he didn't even imply it.
===================================================== And he didn't answer my question. What percent do you suppose support the Extreme Left?
Lew Hodgett wrote:

No matter how many times you mutter this is still won't be true. The problem with the Rs is that they've been infested by libs and moderates and thus have no definable political philosophy. If they were run by the right wingers, at least you could tell what they stood for.

Obama is running at about 66% support if you continue to class him as Extreme Left. Most of us consider ourselves centrists.
Charlie Self wrote:

As I understand it - and I do not have the cite - his approval ratings at this early point in his presidency are among the *lowest* in modern times. If I find the cite, I pass it along...

So you believe the lying pollsters when they agree with your preconceived prejudices. Great! Now we know for sure where you stand. Who said that lies become truth if repeated often enough?
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

I believe his approval ratings are being more-or-less correctly reported. My only comment was that putting this in context of other administrations at this early point in the presidency show The One to be well in the lower quartile (or so I have read/heard, but not confirmed). If so, this makes me quite happy. He needs to fail loudly and visibly so that naive voters will retire Marxism for another generation or two. I look forward to seeing is approval ratings fall further - hopefully very deeply - in that cause.

I could not believe that Bush II could get re-elected on his record, but his effort was definitely better than his opposition's, despite my vote.
It is the economy, stupid, was one of the cries before, and it sure has an effect - whether the economy reports truly or is subverted.
--
Best regards
Han

Andrew Sullivan in yesterday's Sunday Times (London) :
"The polling tells you something important. His approval ratings have actually gone up since he took office. Take away the party labels and, in the latest Gallup poll, Obama is winning the support of 90% of liberals with 7% against but, much more significantly, he is winning self-described “moderates” by a massive 73% to 19%. Even conservatives are split on him — with 42% approving and 53% disapproving; 41% of weekly church-goers approved of him just before the election — and now that number has risen to 57%. That’s a direct hit at the core Republican appeal."

Obama is running at about 66% support if you continue to class him as Extreme Left. Most of us consider ourselves centrists.
That's the General Population. Includes non-voters, Republicans, Independents, etc. What percent of the electorate support the extreme left?
Robatoy wrote:

That's very true.
Thankfully, I have two very good reasons to be against him.
1. His domestic policy. 2. His foreign policy.
--

-MIKE-

With what he has been handed, he is doing the best he can. The only alternative would have been to hand out money directly to individuals to clear their debts and after that had been done, to purchase high-value consumer goods.
Investing in technologies that will be needed in the future is good business sense.
To invest in technologies and policies that increase the cost-effective use of healthcare in all its aspects is good economics and sensible.
etc, etc.

Cowboy-style wars are all good and well if you can make the "peace" stick. Riling up the people against you is stupid. Going into Iraq with no policy in place for a new government (including policing of the populace and an economic plan to keep people - especially the former soldiers - employed) is worse than stooopid. Doing all that in a fake country (borders drawn after WWI with no regard for ethnic distributions) with all that internbal strife and tribal revenge is just crazy. Etc, etc.
Finally the Bush generals saw their errors, and the surge was 1 alternative that possibly can work. IF (really big if) you can get a government working that is acceptable to all or most, can get the people to work, and can get them to talk sense to each other. Apparent progress is being made, but I would have to wait until the "coalition" troops are indeed out to see what the "Iraqis" are making of it.
--
Best regards
Han