Way OT and political, too

Page 1 of 16
My nomination for Obama to place on the Supreme Court?
Hillary Clinton.
Just think of the permanent apoplexy that would throw Rush, Sean, Bill O'R, Ann, and any of your conservative acquaintances into.
Any old body can be SecState. Heck, get Madeline Albright back. This is too good an opportunity to miss.
You heard it here first.
Let the sniping begin.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod wrote:

He should just go ahead and select someone from the leadership of the Communist Party USA. He has all the votes he needs, why bother with even the slightest pretense of caring for the Constitution any longer...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

someone with no legal qualifications, just an ordinary person. Someone with no knowledge of the Constitution. Wow, Guess his next move is to do away with that too. Change we can believe in, shit he wants to change everything including our way of life!!! Wish he had spent more time in MEXICO. But then we have Joe DumbAss waiting behind the curtains or is he hiding behind them? Every time that fool opens his mouth he sticks his foot in it.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK
evodawg wrote:

The tragedy here is that the Hopeium smokers still don't get what an incredible menace this guy is. It's what happens when the adults don't pay attention and drunks, drug addicts, and intellectual children control the vote...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

As opposed to the borderline illiterate, Born Again, ex- cocaine and alcohol abuser, oblivious of the world around him, borderline moron, Deer In The Headlights guy that the REAL Americans voted into the office last time?
Or the Air Head that the same folks rallied behind as the vice presidential candidate for their party? (I've got plenty of foreing policy experience - because I can SEE Russia from parts of MY state).
charlieb wrote:

Even if it were true as written (and it's not, it's an exaggeration for effect), W would still be an order of magnitude less malignant than the ObamaSavior...

MY reaction to Sarah Palin is the desire to slap her on the ass and ask her "WHO's your daddy?" I don't care what anybody says, she is totally schtuppable.
Robatoy wrote:

She's yummy.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

You guys are being unfair. The Dems have Nanci Pelosi and Diane Feinstein ... how much better could it be?
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Robatoy wrote:

<wide-eyed silence>
Wow...
Tell us another story uncle Robatoy! Please? PLEASE?
:-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

ROTFLMAO
charlieb wrote:

You mean the guy whose grades were higher than both Al Gore's and John Kerry's (who served in Vietnam)?

You know, for someone who voted for a ticket with Joe Biden as the Vice President, I would think you would have the intelligence to keep your head low on that one. "Stand up Chuck! Oh, God, what am I saying? Everybody stand up for Chuck!"

Clue for the apparently clueless: the VP candidate didn't say that: Tina Fey on SNL said that during a comedy skit.
They told me if I voted for McCain, I'd get an idiot for a vice president. They were right.

"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.
THAT was her take on foreign affairs.
Robatoy wrote:

Maybe if she read everything someone else researched and wrote for her off the teleprompter, like the guy who got elected, she'd have done better.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

That would depend on who she chose to do the writing, yes?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Robatoy wrote:

Not really. He's implying she has a lack of foreign affairs knowledge based on a tongue-in-cheek comment made in a television interview.
Since it's common knowledge that our President reads off a teleprompter any time he makes a television appearance, the correlation can easily be made that he's not quite as intelligent and elegant about the affairs of which he speaks on television, as his worshipers would have us believe.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Please, anyone who supports a vice president who made the following statement, ""When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." " has absolutely zero leg to stand on in terms of criticizing the other VP candidate. NONE.
For those who are not aware of this: FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and only experimental TV sets were in use at that time.

Whenever the teleprompter screws up, or doesn't have the answers, The One is reduced to a stuttering, stammering litany of uhhhh, uhhm, aahhh, errr's -- painfully so. The man cannot string a dozen words together if they haven't already been written for him. That is indicative of one of two things: either he is not all that bright and needs time to formulate responses to just about anything (witness his inability to answer a question regarding the executive order for Gitmo that he was signing), or he is having to stall for time and is censoring himself to avoid saying what he really thinks because of the backlash it would cause (as in his "I think everybody benefits when you spread the wealth around" answer during the campaign). Neither of these reasons is encouraging. In the first case, it shows that POTUS can't think for himself and is reliant upon what *somebody* has typed into TOTUS (teleprompter of the US) -- gives one lots of re-assurance when he is going to be confronted with a problem that requires an on-your-feet response. In the second, it shows that he is unable to reveal his core beliefs, i.e., what he is projecting to the nation is pure fraud and he needs to manage that image carefully in order to prevent a backlash against his true intentions.
Yes, other presidents have used teleprompters. However, they have not used them for such things as announcing a cabinet appointment. This president is lost without the teleprompter.