Way O.T. Coffee on Route 66

Page 2 of 2

In that vein, there is a great - big and wooden - hotel, a bit off I-87 near New Paltz, NY. It has great views, very nice hiking on the Shawangunks, a very nice atmosphere and good food. It is a great price for what you get, but not cheap. It's called Mohonk Mountain House - http://www.mohonk.com /
--
Best regards
Han

I live a stone's throw from the Parkway.
Don't try to drive it during leaf changing time. You will be lucky to average15 MPH.
You can bet if you drive to it, then drive a small portion of it during leaf changing time, it will be some of the most beautiful leaf colors you have ever seen.
It is supposed to be beautiful around here, because of the wet and ideal growing season this year.
--
Jim in NC

Where in NE?

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard.
Be sure to see the Arch too.
Jack Cassidy wrote:

beignets actually...
But a must when in NO.
Caf DuMonde in N.O. Check Ted Drewes & Eat-Rite Diner in St. Louis Check
Avoid Cardiologist when I return Check
Thank you, Ed

Starbucks in Holbrook, Winslow, or Williams are good.

That's funny!

French Quarter, Patty O'Brien's. Get a hurricane, and keep the glass. Yum!
--
Jim in NC

...and don't forget Lafittes... https://www.lafittesblacksmithshop.com/Homepage.html
-Jim

if your heading that direction, you should take one the state highways though the ozark mountains, that run through Arkansas and southern missouri, they are something to see...the are a great rival for the great smoky mountains...imho....
On 9/8/2010 7:37 PM, David Haynie wrote:

Indeed.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

I seem to recall [I may be mistaken] a documentary on the tube that stated Rt 66 was now totally gone. I hope I am mistaken.....
skeez

See the movie "Cars". I have seen it numerous times since my grandson is (or at least was) addicted to it.
--
Best regards
Han

Still around. http://www.legendsofamerica.com/66-main.html