Wax okay over poly?

Newbie here. Is it okay to put a wax finish over an oil based polyurethane varnish as a final coat?
Thanks
Bob
Sure...no problem, but why do you need to?
Bill

WORSS wrote:

I wax everything whether it needs it or not. It's all part of the process for me.
Sure, Bob. If you cut back the varnish with 0000 steel wool then wax it and polish it, it'll look a lot more "natural", as well as cutting down any nibs in the varnish.
Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, but Minwax suggests waiting 30 days until the poly has fully cured. I usually wait a week or so.
Preston

Wipe on or brush on? I'll bet the wipe on cures in a week...
So I installed it on Linux...
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:28:56 GMT, "David Binkowski"
I like to wait several weeks for a finish to cure (and fully harden), then I apply wax. I use wax on painted pieces too.