wax free shellac

Hi. I know that you should use wax free shellac for certain purposes, e.g., as a sealer coat. But what is the advantage of waxed shellac? Is it every necessary or benificial to use it? Can I just use waxless shellac for all shellac purposes? Thanks.
Sanford wrote:

One advantage is one less step in the manufacturing process (the dewaxing step)...one would think this would result in a lower price, but I've never compared them.

I don't know of any benefits...I think I remember reading that waxed shellac will result in a finish that is _less_ resistant to water damage.
--
Chris Merrill