Waterstone sharpening - wow!

Page 3 of 3

"Lee Michaels"wrote in message

has
Wonder how many folks remember the glass milk bottles with the cream bulb in the neck?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/07/05

Or the friendly milkman coming by your house to deliver the milk?
Lee Michaels wrote:

Or getting chunks of ice from him on hot summer days.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:10:46 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

I was the friendly milkman for a number of years !
Lee Michaels wrote:

When I was a kid, the county rebuilt the bridge by our house. That bridge had a concrete abutment on either side of the creek with two I-beams set in the concrete and a wooden (see, on-topic) deck built on that. After the deck was removed, all that was left spanning the creek were the I-beams.
Our milkman parked at the "Bridge Out" barricade and walked accross on the I-beams to deliver the milk.
--

FF

I do. Out to the front porch every morning to the milk box.

in
Swingman wrote:

And cold winter mornings when it would rise up like a creamcycle?
Glen

You can still buy "whipping" cream. Not the same as heavy cream?
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Nope. Used to buy whipping cream and you had to get it out of the container with a spoon. No where near that today. I still use my grandmothers ice cream recipe. To get it to come out right, I have to cut the amount of milk in half and double the amount of cream called for. We have a dairy right down the road. They deliver. They claim their products are the way they used to be. Ya, like the used to be last year. Might as well by it in the store.

Gee, since we;re already way off-topic, what's your grandmother's ice cream recipe? One of my best memories of childhood is sitting on the back stoop at my great-grandparent's house hand cranking on the ice cream churn. Only the kids that took a turn on the crank got a bowl!
Dan Major wrote:

Seconded! A good ice cream recipe would be a great thing to have. I'm really tired of this ice milk stuff they sell.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net