Waterlox repair

My wife has managed to put a white stain on a genuine mahogany table top I built a few years ago. The table holds a "Wardian Case", so the water spill wasn't that out of the question. The table is finished with Waterlox Original.
I've heard that water stains can be rubbed out using additional Waterlox. Has anyone successfully done this?
The table top is natural mahogany, so if I have to take it down to the wood, so be it.
Barry, your "Waterlox repair" posting says "Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jan 5, 3:45 pm)." Why do you do that? I think your question is a good one and should indeed be archived.

On 29 Dec 2006 16:37:06 -0800, "Never Enough Money"

Me too!
I don't know how that header got set, I usually don't use a "No Archive" flag, but I'm using a different computer
Thanks for the heads-up!
B A R R Y wrote:

Barry, Have you tried rubbing it out with mayonnaise?
Bill
--

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
Bertrand Russell

No, but it's worth a shot.
Come to think of it, if the oils from mayo will fix it, I'll bet the oils from more Waterlox would do the same. Since I know exactly what I'm dealing with, I'll try both.
To the shop, Robin! <G>

Bill,
The mayo did the trick!
Thank you very much, and Happy New Year!
Barry