Waterlox repair

My wife has managed to put a white stain on a genuine mahogany table top I built a few years ago. The table holds a "Wardian Case", so the water spill wasn't that out of the question. The table is finished with Waterlox Original.

I've heard that water stains can be rubbed out using additional Waterlox. Has anyone successfully done this?

The table top is natural mahogany, so if I have to take it down to the wood, so be it.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Barry, your "Waterlox repair" posting says "Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jan 5, 3:45 pm)." Why do you do that? I think your question is a good one and should indeed be archived.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Barry, Have you tried rubbing it out with mayonnaise?

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Me too!

I don't know how that header got set, I usually don't use a "No Archive" flag, but I'm using a different computer

Thanks for the heads-up!

Reply to
B A R R Y

No, but it's worth a shot.

Come to think of it, if the oils from mayo will fix it, I'll bet the oils from more Waterlox would do the same. Since I know exactly what I'm dealing with, I'll try both.

To the shop, Robin!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Bill,

The mayo did the trick!

Thank you very much, and Happy New Year!

Barry

Reply to
B A R R Y