Water vs Solvent poly

I have an interior door that is finished with water based poly. I no longer use water based poly in favor of solvent based poly.
The other day while doing some plumbing I splattered some hot solder on the door. Can I re-finish it with solvent based poly or should I buy some more water based poly to re-finish it?
G.S.

They don't play well together. The color won't match and it will only get worse over time. Solvent-based tends to yellow.