Water Pressure Tank

Can someone give me an estimate on the number of gallons of our water pressure tank? It's 44 inches high and 17 inches across. There's nothing on it telling me how many gallons.

Tanks.

Reply to
Michael

((8.5*8.5) * 3.14) * 44 = 9982 (and change) cubic inches.

There are 1728 cubic inches in a cubic foot so your tank is 5.78 cubic feet,

+-

Figure 8 gallons in a cubic boot so that is 46.24 gallons. Or it would be if the entire thing had water which it probably doesn't; most likely, there is a rubber bladder and air space to provide pressure. So how much water is in it? No idea but the tank manual might tell you.

Reply to
dadiOH

Yes, it uses a bladder so it's not a simple calculation. I wish I had a manual. It's been in a damp basement and looks like it's been in a war.

Reply to
Michael

I wonder at the size of it whether it might be a 40 gallon water heater not a pressure tank. But then if it is a pressure tank it would hold about 20 gallons, given that half of a pressure tank is a gas bladder.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Thanks, Mark. I'm going to say 32. All I need is an estimate to buy a tank comparable in size.

Much appreciated.

Reply to
Michael

Are you sure that it is a bladder type tank ? .. not a simple pressure tank .. ? The bladder tanks that I've seen are shorter & bigger around -

- mine is ~ 22 inches diameter ~ 28 inches tall. John T.

hubops

They have a rubber bladder in them so the water is not a full tank..... john

Can someone give me an estimate on the number of gallons of our water pressure tank? It's 44 inches high and 17 inches across. There's nothing on it telling me how many gallons.

Tanks.

Reply to
jloomis

This topic wandered a bit . I hope the guy got his tank problem solved. I h ave a deep well and shallow. The deep was drilled and put in service in 198

  1. It is also 325' with a jet pump that has been there since day one. Still sending up some granite bits with the water after all these years...only h ad to replace the pressure switch contacts after I could no longer file the m clean. Knock on wood. Keeping with the two topics...my favorite pistol is the Colt Targetsman I purchased 38 years back. Being a lefty I had to over come the grips distinctly built for rh shooters ( thumb wrap on the left h and side) but it is a blast to fire and cheap too. Since I only post twice a year, I'll offer a salute to all veterans and a hearty thank you for you r service.
Reply to
BillinGA