Water Based Wipeon Poly

Hello everyone,
I'm using a non-catalyzed laquer as a sealer on maple to help with stain sploching. Having now used the laquer can I use a water based poly to finish the piece?
Thanks for your help,
V wrote:

Since we don't know the exact products you're using, try a test board.
In fact, ALWAYS try a test board with any unknown combination before putting it on anything you care about.
B A R R Y wrote:

Also, in addition to using the same wood for the test board, use the same prep/sanding schedule as the project.

Excellent idea. Thank you...
V wrote:

Yes but it won't stick well, will tend to separate if bumped. IMO, you are better off continuing with lacquer. FYI, you cannot go the other way (lacquer over poly) as the poly will reticulate.
--

dadiOH