Washstand Christmas present for Daughter's new family

Howdy, I am normally not much of a poster, but i thought that i would post some url's to a wash stand i built as a present for my Daughter and son-in-law's new nursery. [twin girls were born on Jan 17].
http://www.bustedjeep.com/images/wash3.jpg
http://www.bustedjeep.com/images/wash1.jpg
I am actually more excited about being a new grandfather... But that is not appropriate here.
Regards to all, Daniel Payne in West Chester, Pa, USA
You did a really good job on that stand!!!
Congrats on the new grand kids. Born on my wifes birthday so they must be good kids!!!!
Daniel Payne wrote:

nice, i like those book matched doors and drawer. Tony D.

IS that Cherry& Walnut?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:14:08 -0500, Anthony Diodati wrote:

The door panels, top, and drawer front veneer are from the same slab of a hybrid walnut tree that came out of one of the 100 year old neighborhoods near philadelphia. I got the undesirable pieces that had sapwood in them, and the fellow that cut the tree got the center crotch slabs.
The rest of the wood in the piece came from the bole of a black cherry i bought from an Amish sawyer near dover, De.
The lumber has been in the end of the shop for about 12 yrs and i had a new bandsaw to play with...
Regards, Daniel Payne
Your wood has really good credentials and you used it well. Really nice figure. You should be proud of your work.
Preston

snipped-for-privacy@localhost.net says...

Very nice. I really like the panels.

Congratulations