Washstand Christmas present for Daughter's new family

Howdy, I am normally not much of a poster, but i thought that i would post some url's to a wash stand i built as a present for my Daughter and son-in-law's new nursery. [twin girls were born on Jan 17].

am actually more excited about being a new grandfather... But that is not appropriate here.

Regards to all, Daniel Payne in West Chester, Pa, USA

Reply to
Daniel Payne

You did a really good job on that stand!!!

Congrats on the new grand kids. Born on my wifes birthday so they must be good kids!!!!

Daniel Payne wrote:

Reply to
Mapdude

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

IS that Cherry& Walnut?

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

The door panels, top, and drawer front veneer are from the same slab of a hybrid walnut tree that came out of one of the 100 year old neighborhoods near philadelphia. I got the undesirable pieces that had sapwood in them, and the fellow that cut the tree got the center crotch slabs.

The rest of the wood in the piece came from the bole of a black cherry i bought from an Amish sawyer near dover, De.

The lumber has been in the end of the shop for about 12 yrs and i had a new bandsaw to play with...

Regards, Daniel Payne

Reply to
Daniel Payne

Your wood has really good credentials and you used it well. Really nice figure. You should be proud of your work.

Prest>

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Very nice. I really like the panels.