Warped outer plate - query

Folks -
I've finally gotten around to setting up a router table - I am building the "Swiss Army Knife" version that was featured in FWW several issues back.
The plastic plate that I have for mounting the router is about 12" square... Unfortunately, now that I am ready to mount the so and so in the table, I've discovered that the plate is cupped, with a crown of about 1/16+ in the middle. So, is there any way that this warp can be reliably removed (heat?) or should I put "pull down" screws to suck the plate down to the table when the router is installed? The plate is ~1/2" thick. Yes, I know... Buy another plate... But kinda need to get the table going, albeit roughly, to finish a project for Christmas, and I can't get a piece of plastic (or aluminum) of that size locally. I suppose I could make do and make another plate out of plywood, but thought I'd get some feedback here.
Thanks in advance,
John Moorhead
"John Moorhead" wrote in message
Have you tried mounting and hanging the router? One, or both, may well take enough "cup" out to make it usable until you can find a flatter insert.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

that warp just might be intentional. try measuring it again with the router hanging from it. heck, it may give you an excuse to buy a heavier router.
"But honey, I NEED it..."