warning worth repeating

Page 4 of 4

On 1/31/2006 12:52 PM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com mumbled something about the following:

I guess I should take away all the toys and remove all the furniture from my house before letting my grandkids in? Hell, they can get hurt on almost anything, run into the coffee table, climb on it and fall off, climb on the couch and fall onto the coffee table, fall off the bed, run into a wall, close a door on their hand. Ah hell, might as well get rid of the house so they can't get hurt by the house. Ooops, I better get rid of the trees too so that a branch doesn't accidently fall on them.
You know, I think it would a LOT easier if I just watch them.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On 01/02/2006 1:28 PM, Mike Reed wrote:

e.g. http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p@648&cat=3,41427
There's lots of others. DAGS 'lid support'.
On 31 Jan 2006 09:52:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A public apology: I received news from the TV station verifying that this story was true, at least in part. The child was 'unconscious' [deceased through suffocation], but not knocked unconscious, and it was the mechanics of that which troubled me initially, trying to figure out how the lid would fall etc.. What did happen is that she was apparently trapped and suffocated. A sadness, to be sure, and why I put large openings in the sides of my granddaughter's toy box, with offset decorative squares of solid wood outside of them.