Warm at last

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold. I did try a calor gas heater one year but buying gas every week or so got expensive, another year I tried an electric oil-filled radiator to warm the place up a bit, but a £600+ bill in the following March put paid to that.

This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4 inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu. I've just finished installing it and been testing it out. It warms up the shop (small 26 x 10) within 1/2 an hour or so. I am so gonna have some quality time out there this winter and yeah I do have a BIG scrap wood pile to keep it going.

Yours nice & warm Mike

Reply to
Mike Stanford

Have you put any insulation in your shed? My garage is basically open to the elements. It needs attention. It ain't fun working in a room with a gale blowing through!

Reply to
David Paste

Cool at last!

We're finally down into the 80's in the AZ desert.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

At one time I considered anything below 50F unfit for human habitation.

These days 60F is more like it.

Have fun and stay toasty.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Snow in the local forecast for tonight. :-(

Reply to
Nova