Warm at last

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold. I did try a calor gas heater one year but buying gas every week or so got expensive, another year I tried an electric oil-filled radiator to warm the place up a bit, but a 600+ bill in the following March put paid to that.
This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4 inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu. I've just finished installing it and been testing it out. It warms up the shop (small 26 x 10) within 1/2 an hour or so. I am so gonna have some quality time out there this winter and yeah I do have a BIG scrap wood pile to keep it going.
Yours nice & warm Mike

Have you put any insulation in your shed? My garage is basically open to the elements. It needs attention. It ain't fun working in a room with a gale blowing through!
On 10/26/2011 04:13 PM, David Paste wrote:

Cool at last!
We're finally down into the 80's in the AZ desert.
--
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame somebody else." -John Burroughs
"Mike Stanford" wrote:

I hear you.
At one time I considered anything below 50F unfit for human habitation.
These days 60F is more like it.
Have fun and stay toasty.
Lew
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:52:44 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Snow in the local forecast for tonight. :-(
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA