Wards "Powr Kraft" Circular Saw... Help...

Remove the brushes yourself & take them to a good hardware store - might get a good enough match.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Hello...

I am trying to source a pair (or two) of motor brushes for my 1972 vintage Montgomery Ward "Powr Kraft" Circular Saw.

The model number is TGB-8110A and the part number for the brushes("brush & spring") is 718-838.

Would it help if someone knows who originally made this saw for Wards?

I've done a pretty thorough web search and it looks like I'm going to have to rely on someone's personal knowledge & experience...

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

You check this group?

If the source for other Powr Kraft (Power Craft for search) parts can't help, it's time to go to a motor shop.

Reply to
George

: Toolkraft National Service and Parts Center - We offer service and parts for Toolkraft, Darra James, Powerkraft : for Montgomery Ward, and Duramark, (for T.Eaton) power tools. We are located at: : 352 Longhill Street : Springfield, MA, 01108 : tel: 413-737-7331, fax 413-736-7701 : 9a.m. - 5p.m. EST Mon-Fri : e-mail us at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com : We look forward to being your service and parts center!

I found this on the Web. It may be dated but give it a try.

Reply to
Les Derusha

Try these guys:

. This company bought most of the tooling and spare parts stock of the company that originally produced Powr Kraft tools.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

At some point Black and Decker made Power Kraft tools. Try a Dewalt/B&D service center if convenient.

Reply to
very_dirty_dave

Top poster Bob here.

I needed and found parts for a PowrKraft (Wards) RAS at

They don't list parts online, but have a toll free number to call. My experience was just grand. Hope yours is the same.

Reply to
good ol' Bob

replying to trainfan1, mci jax wrote: I have a replacement saw

Reply to
mci jax

Unfortunately, you are 11 years too late.

For lack of the replacement brushes, trainfan1 gave up woodworking all together. He took up flower arranging instead.

Reply to
DerbyDad03