WANTED: PLANER

Page 1 of 2

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12". This should be in or around the Houston area. May even consider one located in Austin as I travel through there occasionally.
Please reply via email with telephone number and address where it can be seen.
Thank you.

This gets posted about once a week. Earlier this week someone posted a planer for sale in the Houston area and yet this guy is still posting this.
Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

At this point, I'm guessing he put his computer on autopost once per week and suffered a fatal coronary just after sending the original message. That was several months ago. They haven't found his body because he told his neighbours he was going out of town for awhile. The neighbourhood kid hired to remove his mail is still doing so and that's why the mailman hasn't noticed anything unusual yet.
Of course, they won't find his body since he had a rather large dog who naturally, has to eat. So, he's been 100% consumed and these messages will continue for awhile longer until the electric company shuts off his power for non-payment and the computer goes off ~ in three more months.
Upscale wrote:

Unless he has autopay on his electric bill and a big bank balance in which case it will continue until he fails to pay his property tax enough times that they put his house up for auction.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Its not a scam. I have communicated with the poster via email. I connected them to the for-sale stuff in Houston. Basically there was a huge gap between selling and buying price. So they are still looking. Its a persistentent legitimate poster.
Bob Davis in Houston, Texas tryng to calm the waters.
BillyBob wrote:

It's only a $300 item list, so can't seem to be <too> much room unless one or the other is totally out of line--and I'm guessing buyer here is looking for an unknowing seller...

I think the one listed sells for $377. The asking price was a little too close to full retail.
Bob
BillyBob wrote:

Home Depot has new 12-1/2" Deltas for $179. How cheap does he _want_?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
BillyBob wrote:

OK, Bob... think you could send them another email explaining that nobody here has a planer cheap enough for them and that we're getting tired of the spam?
If you really don't want to see the message, just block them. Or learn to ignore the posts that you don't want to read. It's not that big of a deal, is it?
It's also not spam, by any stretch of the imagination. Unless the definition has changed to "messages that don't meet with my personal approval".
Clint

That's simple netiquette - like deleting unnecessary lines before posting.
[27 lines deleted.]
Bruce Barnett wrote:

Well, when someone top-posts they don't have to worry about deleting unnnecessary lines because _they_ don't see them.
I'm sure there are plenty of stores that sell planers in the Greater Houston area. Maybe we should give him the addresses and phone numbers of a few.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Grizzly sells several nice ones. I don't have them but have seen / heard that they function up to hard work.
If the person needs a pro type - they they should buy a pro type not ask...
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn
LRod wrote:

My guess is they're trying to put together a mailing list to sell to spammers - both email and snail mail. Could be way off base, but who but telemarketers need your email, telephone number or address?
...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

A good mailing list goes for $100 per thousand contacts, or 10 each. Lessee, woodworkers having cheap planers for sale in Houston. Outta be about 23 names. Maybe. Wow, he can quit his day job on that $2.30.
;)
Dan Bollinger wrote:

Smoken' income opportunites at that rate! I just figured out what to do to augment my retirement plan! Hey, anybody got *anything* to sell? Send me your name, address, email and telephone number. Your credit card number wouldn't hurt either. ;-)
...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

Please don't feed the trolls.
--
Regards,
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, the opaque Jim

Um, haven't I seen this ad here many times before?
Try www.Ebay.com , Jim.
Try ALL the local newspapers, Jim.
Try www.OnlineAuction.com , Jim.
Just stop trying here, Jim.
[...]
I hope you understand where I'm going with this, Jim OK?
---=====--- After all else fails, read the instructions. ---=====--- Website Design and Update http://www.diversify.com
Larry Jaques wrote:

You forgot, save up $400 and buy what you need.
Lew