Wanted- Minwax Olde Maple Stain - Non Polyshades

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find old lots of Minwax Stains, I am in need of the Minwax Olde Maple color stain, to repair some damaged woodwork in my home.

I have tried the polyshades versions, and they do not match up very well, I also feel that the polyshades is harder to work with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Reply to
<westwood

I also feel that the polyshades is harder to work with.

Have you tried combining various shades of stain to approximate the one you're looking for?

Reply to
Upscale

Also be aware of the following regarding the old work:

a.) The stain has probably faded. b.) The wood has probably darkened. c.) The top coat has probably ambered. d.) The new wood is probably different than the old wood.

If you get it to match, it'll probably not match a year from now, so keep the word "approximate" handy as you try.

Reply to
B A R R Y

My wife does the finish work at our shop. When required she custom blends up what she needs and has good luck at it. If all else fails you might give that a try.

Don Dando

woodwork in my home.