Wanted: magnifying safety glasses

Guess I'm just getting older and my eys aren't what they used to be. Has anyone seen/know wher I can get magnifying safety glasses that will fit over my existing glasses?
Thanks jw
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yes...the same company that makes the Little Wizard sells them
http://shopspecs.com /
Bob S.

Add pictures here
βœ–
I bought a pair a couple weeks ago in one of the chain woodworking stores. Call around.
No, they are not great, but better than glasses and safety glass, as my woodworking shop requires.
Add pictures here
βœ–

My first recommendation is to get glasses specifically for woodworking (and other close-up stuff). You can get bifocals made that are for close work above and really close work on the bottom. No good for distance, but useful around the shop etc.
In the meanwhile, if you can't find the magnifying safety glasses (there are some at Lee Valley, but they don't specify that they fit over glasses) is to look for a product made by Optix. It's a stick-on lens that you add to your regular safety glasses. Here's one link, found at random: <http://www.readingglasses.com/cgi-bin/Shopper.exe?keywords=optx&template=Templates%5Csearch-accessories.htm&search ¬tion> (I've never found the maker's web site).
Hard to get around here, but I understand they're easier to find in drug stores and such in the US.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–

<http://www.readingglasses.com/cgi-bin/Shopper.exe?keywords=optx&template=Templates%5Csearch-accessories.htm&search ¬tion>
I use transitional safety glasses, and wear them all of the time. I can actually see everything clearly from 3 feet and on out so the top half of the safety glass has no magnification at all. The only problem I have is close-up overhead work, anyone have any good solutions for that?
Add pictures here
βœ–

See your eye wear professional. When I got my safety/prescription glasses he discussed some people require the variable bifocals on the top of the lens for overhead work like you mentioned. Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO
j wrote: