Wanted: Deck design software recommendations

Hi, Can anyone recommend a softeare package for designing a deck? I need to design and provide plans to my city's building inspectors. Thanks in advance. Matt

Reply to
mattzack2

ICBW but I doubt that a Deck designing software package is going to make it past the city building inspectors.

You are probably going to have to provide specific specifications for your particular area. You might want to double check their requirements for information provided.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Mark L.

Visio? Omni Graffle? Cricket Draw? AutoCAD? ArrisCAD? A pencil?

Reply to
Chuck Yerkes

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

When I built my deck I went to Home Depot, 84 Lumber and Chase Pitkin (local store) and they all printed designs for me and gave me a parts list and a total cost. 84 Lumber turned out to be cheapest and the best design. Worked great for the building permit.

Reply to
Ron