Wanted: chat w/ bandsaw mill owners

Hi all,
Waist-deep in the preparations surrounding construction of my new house, I found out that the cost to mill the beams and posts for my timber frame was outright ridiculous - I have my own logs, but the cost after logging and milling by the local bandsaw guy would have cost me more than buying the logs already sawn.
So, I bought a used Wood-Mizer, an old 1984-vintage LT30, and would like to communicate with other bandsaw mill owners who might be able to give me helpful tips on the best ways to operate the mill, to get the most from my mill and the logs I have. I'm going to be attending a training session at Wood-Mizer's NY branch, but I bet there's a few questions I'll forget to ask.
Is there any sort of a FAQ for sawmill use?
-- Jon Endres, PE Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Have you contacted Wood-Mizer customer service? www.wood-mizer.com

Yes, been to the web site and read it all, but this is more of a request for useful advice, I guess. I'm assuming that there's a few guys who read this, who are bandsaw mill owners, but maybe not. There's been some famous threads in other groups dealing with building a home, random snippets of advice from homeowners who have "been there, done that", so in essence that's sort of what I'm looking for. Helpful bits of advice to make my production easier.
I'll check out the milling group on Yahoo, thanks to Monty.
JE
I sent Wood-Mizer an e-mail asking for people in my area who purchased them and were willing to hire out their services. The next morning, I had 3 names and numbers. It might be worth a try in your area.
Craig Cave Creek AZ

Contact Wood-Mizer and ask for Burl in engineering. Not only is he an engineer there, but he also does his own milling, drying, and woodworking. He recently built himself a new house. The engineers there often take service calls. I know. I are an engineer, too, and I work with Burl...
Indyrose
Jon,
Yahoo has a milling group. Highly recommended.
Montyhp

Hi Jon,
So, I guess this means you'll be getting rid of the big Stihl and chainsaw mill?
How about trading for a few FWW back issues?
<gggg> H.