wanted buying advice on router

I'm in the market to purchase a router. I've seen too many bad reviews on the internet an would like for advise. What I'm looking for is a router with soft start, variable speed and also 1/2+1/4 colet. I would also prefer a plunge router around 2hp that would work nicely in a table.

Check www.partwarner.com
Mike G.
http://www.cpoworkshop.com/electric_tools/routers /
Some stuff from the page about Model 7529R
*     Starts and runs on standard household current Advanced micro height adjuster Soft start and electronic brake Variable-speed adjustment *     Easy blade changes 2 HP variable-speed adjustment Will accept 1/4" and 1/2" bits
Good thing that it starts AND runs on household current. I hate it when I buy a tool and find out that it requires that special industrial current. Its even worse when I have to start it on industrial current but run it on military current.
And the easy blade changes are very important to me because I change blades on my router frequently.
GeraldR916 wrote:

Sounds like you want a Dewalt 621. It fits your description perfectly. I've had one for, I dunno, 5 years or so, used it both in and out of the table and I couldn't be happier with it.
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:16:48 -0500, "Denis&Karen Desormeaux"