Want: USED Craftsman Universal Drill Press Stand

I am looking for a nice used one of these to mount my hand drill on for a good price, preferably with instructions and extras.

Reply to
namron

Don't go that route. The CHEAPEST bench top drill press will beat the conversion mount by so many times, that you will hate yourself for going the hand drill route. I have one sitting in the corner of my garage somewhere. I used it exactly twice. Once after an hour of careful setup, then once more after two hours of setup. Impossible to get repeatable dependable results.

Reply to
Morgans

Bummer, just last week I tossed one in the garbage. Tried to sell it at a garage sale for $5, but no takers. Got tired of it being in the way so off it went. I echo what Jim said, even a cheap drill press would be better. However, if you still want one use the old standby of eBay. In 5 seconds I found one listed. With more time you might find others. Here's the link to the one I found:

Larry C in Auburn, WA

Ebay ought to pay you to take it!

> --

Reply to
Bob Swinney

Those drill stands show up on eBay every day by the truckload. Usually $5-10.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

No you don't. Not worth it. Even if you bought one for $5.00. You'd only have to drill a dozen holes and you'd understand. Buy a cheap bench top drill press instead. Of course the more you spend the better, but even the cheapest one will be a huge improvement over what you're talking about. Lane

Reply to
Lane