walnut sunflower oil will not go rancid

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:08:55 -0800, Electric Comet

A little late to this, but as a turner, I learned about walnut oil years ago. It DOES dry and does not remain sticky. I use it almost exclusively to finish turnings. (I also use a 3-stage buffing and wax treatment for most, but the walnut oil is the base.) For woodwork that is not a turning, I would use a buffing wheel in a high speed flexible shaft.
I find it in my local supermarket. PURE tung oil is also good, but as noted above it must be undiluted with other stuff.
--
remove nonsense for reply

On 18/12/2015 8:39 AM, Bill Day wrote:

I like to use food-safe finishes on my bowls and with some, one applies so little that they are essentially useless. Graham

And to add to the food-safe - you me and all make stuff that we use to show and such. Not intended for food but look pretty.
We pass or give the plate/bowl/hat to someone. They use it for Chips. Oil in chips mix with whatever... Use it for candy etc.
We can't label our work NOT FOR FOOD or whatnot.
Best to be safe and for ourselves when we apply it or dry it in the shop. The stuff goes into the air we breathe and walk in.
Martin