Walnut Hall Table w/Cherry inlay and splines

Page 1 of 2
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopWalnutHallTable#
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Nice!
On 2/18/2013 10:45 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Thank you, Doug ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/18/2013 10:53 AM, Swingman wrote:

Where's the drawer?
Very nice, that walnut is very light colored, is that the pic or the nature of southern walnut?
--
Jeff

On 2/18/2013 12:02 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Don't need no steenking drawer in a hall table, would be just one more place for a female to put something totally unnecessary, with a couple of years or more between openings.

Thanks!
The walnut is definitely from a stash I picked up in AR, so it is indeed Southern ... but the middle of the table top is 3/4" walnut plywood, which looks the same shade as the AR walunut to me in person, so it may be just the photo, or the oil/varnish/wax finish ... or your monitor settings? ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/18/2013 1:39 PM, Swingman wrote:

I went half way with the one I built. I put dummy drawer fronts and knobs on it. My wife doesn't know the difference.
--
 GW Ross

 Of course I'm sane. The voices said
Swingman wrote:

---------------------------------------- Neat!
Lew
On 2/18/2013 10:53 AM, Swingman wrote:

Very well done. Didn't see the splines.
--
 GW Ross

 Growing old is mandatory; growing up
On 2/18/2013 12:21 PM, G.W.Ross wrote:

Thanks ... third picture on left, at top. It shows up on my all devices: laptop, 24" monitor, iPhone and iPad.
Here ... another one, just for you:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopWalnutHallTable#5846362215791229474
;)
--
On 2/18/2013 1:32 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopWalnutHallTable#5846362215791229474

I saw them.. They show up nicely against the walnut. Just the right amount of differential w/o being a distraction.
--
Jeff

On 2/18/2013 1:32 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopWalnutHallTable#5846362215791229474

Thanks! I can see it! Looks terrific.
--
 GW Ross

 Of course I'm sane. The voices said
On 2/18/13 9:53 AM, Swingman wrote:

Insert superlatives, here!!!
--

-MIKE-

A purty little table to put purty little things on it. An obvious female influence. I notice you don't make purty little tables to display your Festools. But womenfolk don't like things like that in the house, do they?
It DOES look very nice. Good color! Must be you keen eye ;-) And something that isn't too hefty. So the lines are good. It must look very nice in the hall way with the proper decoration on top.
On 2/18/2013 2:00 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Thanks, Lee ... yes, it has to be my keen eye for color, or a lucky accident. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Monday, February 18, 2013 9:53:55 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

That is just plain gorgeous.
On Monday, February 18, 2013 9:53:55 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

I like it.
Is that the project, you mentioned in another thread, where the walnut and cherry developed similar coloration, over time?
Sonny
On 2/18/2013 6:19 PM, Sonny wrote:

Thanks ...

Yes ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Very nice indeed. My kind of table. Straigt lines and tapered legs. Simple and elegant.And I love walnut. Thanks for sharing.
On Monday, February 18, 2013 10:53:55 AM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

Nicely done!

It's subjective to use of course, but how long does one of those tins last you? Seems to me anyway, to be fairly expensive at $13.29 per 3.5 oz. tin.