Walnut dust - causing headaches?

Page 2 of 2

Could be as simple as the dust giving you a sinus headache...
OTOH, could be a reaction to the wood itself... Any rash or anything where you've made contact while sanding?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:22:12 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique

If you wear a properly-fitted dust mask do you get a headache? I have a Dust-Foe and if I don't wear it during sanding I will have sinus headache! Some kind of wood dust is worse than others and walnut is one of them.
you wear a properly-fitted dust mask do you get a headache? I have

Where do you get your replacement filters?
JP
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:54:47 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique

I know the Dustfoe 66 has been discontinued. When my filters are gone I'll replace the mask. The paper filters don't work well, at least on my face. You absolutely need a tight fit.

Having a beard, the only one that's worked for me is the Dust-bee-gone..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:22:12 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique

Walnut dust is poison. And I'm alergic to it. Gives me a headache, and binds up my throat so I can't breathe. WEAR A DUST MASK!!!!!!!!!
It's at the point now that even that doesn't help.