Walnut Desk Project and Sketchup PDF file

I am building a Walnut desk for a customer and posted on a.b.p.w. two low resolution pictures of the desk as it stands right now. I have attached a PDF file drawn on Sketchup. Some of you have wondered about the resolution of Sketchup. The print resolution comes out great when selecting ultra high resolution.

So far the desk is partially assembled with only 28, 8mm x 50 mm Domino's and their friction fit. I wanted to be sure that every thing lined up correctly before gluing the pieces together. I'll also be treating the edges and sanding a bit before the glue up. There will also be 2 upper shelves that will set on top of the desk. The picture of the CAD drawing and the attached PDF file will explain it all, so to speak.

Reply to
Leon

Where is the PDF?

Joe..... Website:

Blog:

Chiefwoodworker

Attached, you need to open the attachment.

Reply to
Leon

Didn't make it through.

Reply to
Mike

Many (probably most) news servers delete binary attachments to this news group. You can have binary attachments in a.b.p.w

Reply to
Dan Coby

"Chiefwoodworker" wrote Where is the PDF?

In apbw (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking), where folks in this newsgroup post their binaries.

Reply to
Swingman

At least till 6/24/08.

Then where?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I would imagine a bunch of new free albums at your own webpage that is free with some ISPs. Or free accounts at:

Photobucket Flickr ImageShack ImageDepot WebShots PhotoLava VillagePhotos MyPhotoAlbum ImageLoop Snapfish Tinypic FreeImageHosting ImageDeposit ImageTrail

etc., etc.

Those are just a few of the hundred or so that are out there now. Some of them will even let you post an MP3 or short video with sound as well.

Where there is a will, there is a way. In this case, and easy way.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

LOL! Hell, Lew ... as it stands now, you're gonna have to ask a Democrat to answer that question for you. :)

"alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" is not going away, Verizon is just taking it away from YOU, while impinging upon your free speech by sucking up to a misguided politician who is simply reflecting his party's leanings by censoring YOU.

Get used to it ...

Reply to
Swingman

I wondered the same thing at first, as the jpegs were there and I could view them automatically with Outlook Express.

In order to find and view the .pdf file, I had to right click on the paper clip that OE uses to indicate that there are attachments and sure enough all of the jpegs were there along with the .pdf file.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Joe..... Website:

Blog:

Peter Bogiatzidis

Easy there big fella.

As usual in todays modern business environment, it is the various ISP's lawyers who are in control.

It is the ISP's way of avoiding litigation rather than any peverted form of censorship.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

A real comforting thought there, Lew. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Lived in the corporate environment controlled by the legal department, for too many years, not to recognize it.

As an example, had a company policy that required that any contact with a competitor had to be documented.

Since I was in field sales, it was impossible not to come in contact with a competitor.

My file was full of letters addressed to management that basically took the following form: ============================================================== On , met in a public restroom, located .

No business was discussed.

Signed: Lew

Lew Hodgett

"Nova" wrote

Censorship, by any other name...

Reply to
Swingman

NY State is in the "Law" business, not the "Technology" business.

The ISP's attempted to ignore the law and NY State determined it was time to do the job they were hired to do, enforce the law.

Absolutely no censorship involved.

The ISP's made a business decision to withdraw services from the market in order to comply with the law.

If the market chooses to penalize the ISPs for their business decision, that is quite another matter.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

With what specific law were the complying and how is it that they are the only ISPs to which this law applies?

Reply to
J. Clarke

The #1 goal of nearly any corporate legal dept.

**
**

B A R R Y

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

More shallow thinking ... _responsible_ citizens/taxpayers would expect/insist that regulators have an indepth understanding of what they attempt to regulate.

LOL ... since you seem perfectly OK with NY telling _you_ what you can do, you're certainly getting you deserve.

Horseshit ... the bottom line is that "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking", along with 100 thousand other innocuous groups, is now "illegal" for you. This is NO different from what China is doing ... picking and choosing what you, as a citizen, can access.

That's _is_ indeed "censorship" my friend ... the fact that you're willing to make excuses for it is appalling.

Reply to
Swingman

What makes you think NY State doesn't understand the problem?

NY State isn't telling anyone, especially me, what to do.

They simply made it plain they intended to enforce the law.

The ISPs are practicing what you call "censorship", by making the business decision they chose.

Not "Illegal", only not provided by the ISPs, they are simply practicing CYA.

Don't like it, find an alternative.

That is what the free market is all about.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

LOL ... that seems to be the very situation you're in. Contemplate the spineless attitudes that makes it possible.

"FREE"? ... sadly, the situation/strong arm tactics put lie to the very word/concept.

Reply to
Swingman