Walnut Desk

Page 2 of 3

Too bad, but I have asked astrawe to add free.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Might take ~ 24 hrs, though, but that would be faster than Verizon, despite Jeremy the Great!.
--
Best regards
Han

ATT (Prodigy) has access to this group.
Great job, though I think the spalted oak is too much of a contrast with the Walnut.

Thank you, I kinda was thinking the drawer front may have been too much of a contrast. The corner spalted oak pieces actually improved the look. The desk seemed to always be missing something until I added them.

Sorry guys. B A R R Y can see the group. I am going to have to find a service to do this through. Any "CHEAP" suggestions?
Leon wrote:

Could maybe somebody who access to both post to abpw?
I would love to see what you've done; your past work has always been really good.

Or I could e-mail;em to you.

While I am still waiting for the 24 hr time period for Astraweb to get free.a.b.w up, you could indeed email the pictures and I would post them to abpw (tonight Eastern time) email is opahan around yahoozle (with proper modifications)
--
Best regards
Han

Here's a free website where you can upload your pictures then paste a link here.
www.fumpr.com
Thanks Phisherman, See if this works for you.
http://www.fumpr.com/viewer.php?id=jdv1216642317l.JPG
http://www.fumpr.com/viewer.php?id=viu1216642397c.JPG
http://www.fumpr.com/viewer.php?id i1216642433r.JPG
http://www.fumpr.com/viewer.php?id=cqs1216642462b.JPG
http://www.fumpr.com/viewer.php?id=klz1216642523b.JPG

The fumpr pics works just fine.
Can you say EL - E - GANT!!
After looking at this desk, I feel like I am living in a cave.
Wonderful lines and those spalted oak accent pieces really reach and grab your eyeballs. Swwweeeeeeet!

I think the desk would look at home in a 1860's Texas sheriff's office. I keep picturing wanted posters hanging above it. Thanks for noticing all the parts that I put the extra effort in to.
Thanks Leon. Beautiful desk. And Fumpr should work for everybody wanting to view/post/share pictures for free.
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:16:03 -0500, "Leon"

Phisherman wrote:

You got that right!
[Bunch of nifty shot of one great looking desk.[
As always, Leon. Exquisite. *tip-o-the-hat*
Thanks for sharing.
[Bunch of nifty shot of one great looking desk.[
As always, Leon. Exquisite. *tip-o-the-hat*
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Sir!
And thanks again for pointing me towards the Rotex. I stayed relatively clean through out the whole project with the vac keeping all the dust in check. But then again, you always get dirty hands when working with dark woods. ;~) A couple of months ago I also got the Festool finish sander and it too works like a charm.

What chapter are you in?

And I went out with a Mormon girl when I was around 19 or so. But she admitted that she wasn't a very good Mormon [while we were climbing into the back of my folk's station wagon]. /:o)
Dave in Houston

If she was indeed born in 1928 (wikipedia) then she is now only around 80 as Kerry said. Wait till you get closer to say whether that is old, said I at 63.
--
Best regards
Han