walls in basement shop - concrete, wood, etc?

I am (slowly) starting to put together a basement shop. The basement is completely unfinished and the shop is going to be a long project.
I am curious as to what others with basement shops do with their walls. I could leave the walls as unfinished concrete (possibly painted), which is certainly the least expensive solution. I could put up drywall, unfinished pine, some combination, etc.
Any comments would be appreciated.
put pegboard up everywhere. you wont regret it.
randy

Unless you are in a warm climate, INSULATE.
You want lots of pegboard. Other walls you want to sheetrock and put cabinets. Ed
On Mon, 31 May 2004 20:36:16 -0700, fixhouse wrote:

Be extremely careful with drywall and insulation on outside walls if you have any potential whatsoever for moisture (i.e. if you live in any climate wetter than Death Valley). My old house had a finished room in the basement where the insulation and drywall were completely suffused with mold. We called it the "mold room" and never went in there except at dire need.
--
-Chip Olson. | ceo2 at thsi dot org | remove the 2 to reply

Paint the walls with Drylok or something similar (unless you truly have a water problem and more stringent measures are needed). Cuts the dampness.
Renata
On 31 May 2004 20:36:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (fixhouse) wrote:

Yep, concur with that recommendation, and add some advice about using Drylok: a) If using the oil-based variety, make sure to ventilate _thoroughly_. The fumes are potent. This is IMO best done on a Saturday morning; paint the walls, then go out of town for the weekend. b) Whether using the oil-based or water-based variety, don't buy it until the day you're going to use it, and make sure to have the paint store put it on the shaker for a long time. The stuff is a cast-iron bitch to stir.