Wall plaster

My brother in law did a procedure on his walls with taping mud. Has anyone done this and can it be done safely over wallpaper? His walls look great and have covered up all the cracks and imperfections in the walls. Will it last a long time

No on walpaper

Yes.
-- Jim in NC

I have done this in several rooms in my house.
Actually it depends on the paper and the adhesive. With a porous paper the mud can strip the paper quite easily (this is an easy way to REMOVE wallpaper) however, if you seal the paper with a coat of oil-based primer then you can simply go right over the wallpaper. Remove any loose or flaking bits of the paper first.
Mix your mud a bit thin and roll it on with a paint roller, then smooth with a large (12-18") taping knife for a smooth finish. Other wise you could give a light skim coat over any seams or holes and texture with a trowel or use a blow gun.
-Jack