WALKING STICKS - PDF

This is the link that originally inspired me to make a cane. I didn't wind up doing anything it says, just remembered it later, and went from there. Then too, I rembered when I was a kid around 10 or so, I was given a walking stick made from aromatic cedar. Whoever gave it to me had just whittled down a branch or small tree, and rounded of the top end. A tad crude maybe, but worked, and there were a number of people using them from day to day, so they couldn't be too bad. Smelled nice too. I haven't put any finish on my oak cane, and it's still got that oak small - kinda nice.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

Not bad. I think I'd use a drawknife instead of that Arbortech, though; those things scare me.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Tue, Feb 26, 2008, 6:12am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth sayeth: Not bad. I think I'd use a drawknife instead of that Arbortech, though; those things scare me.

Yeah, I've thought about buying a similar cutter (but less $), but keep figuring I don't need the adrenelin rush. They do have some nice pans on that site tho - all of which seemingly require one of their cutters.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

I'll have to check it out. Once this blasted book is done, I'll have time for some woodworking.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Did you check out the personal hovercraft on the site? That might just about take my problem knees and feet out of the equation when I cover road racing events! I may email them.

I last used a hovercraft back around...yeah, well. Jeez, late '60s, I did an article for a motorcycle magazine; there was a dealer in Albany and I borrowed on for a day, ran it up to a nearby lake along with a friend of mine, and we put it through its paces. I loved it, but the price was outrageous (as was the size: it took up more than a full lane in traffic [we trailered it], couldn't be licensed [made one helluva mess on dirty streets], but was a real blast, leterally and figuratively).

Reply to
Charlie Self