Walcom SLIM SP HVLP spray gun

Anyone use one of these (the pressure feed version of the SLIM series)? If so, I'm considering one for a good versatile HVLP gun that sprays thick to thin materials and I would love to hear your thoughts about the gun and the finish it produces. I'm shooting conversion varnish (SW Kemvar), nitrocellulose, and alkyd paints mostly (woodworking finishing).

I'm currently spraying with a Devilbiss conventional JGA 503 with a suction cup - any comparisons from someone who has used both setups?

Finally, I noticed on the Walcom website that they call it a primer gun. I'm guessing in the automotive world that primers are thicker than top coats. Anyway, will the fact that its billed a 'primer gun' have any relevance to whether or not I should expect less than excellent results on wood?

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer