Wal-Mart

Sitting here...browsing and posting...and watching the story of the birth of Wal-Mart on A&E Biography. Yesterday, they had The Home Depot story.

Very interesting series. Hope some of you got to see it...especially those of you who think Wal-Mart employees are treated unfairly.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

If you don't work at Wal-Mart, Trent, I'd really appreciate it if you'd quit talking out your ass.

My Thanksgiving, incidentally, was the worst I can ever remember having. My wife had to work at Wal-Mart all day.

Reply to
Silvan

"Silvan"

That sucks. Wal Mart in our town is closed for the day, but K Mart is open. According to the manager, it is strictly voluntary to work that day. I still refuse to go to any store on a holiday. If no one went, they would close. Its all about $$$ Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I don't talk out of my ass, Mike...most times. Yer a disgruntled, former Wal-Mart employee. We all understand that...most of us have been there at some time or another.

Did you see the program? If not, you missed a good...and it seemed like, fair...presentation.

I didn't know they made their employees work 24 hours.

Over the course of my career, there were MANY times I had to work holidays. Nurses, motel operators, police, firemen, etc. do it all the time.

And somehow, they manage to make time for their families.

If it was MY wife, I'da brought her a turkey sandwich and a rose at break time...and shared it with her in the cafeteria.

Get over it!...and yourself.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

When I was a kid, Ed, only essential businesses were allowed to be open on Sunday...and even fewer on holidays.

I don't know where Mike lives. But I don't know of any Wal-Mart's that are open on Thanksgiving.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

That's retail, sorry. Don't like it, have her get a job in another industry. That's like being a waitress and complaining you have to work around food.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

And all those employees are making time and a half or double time being there, I'm sure they aren't complaining too much.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

[silvan@giganator] /var/spool/news/rec/woodworking

->for f in `grep -l 'From: Trent' *`;do rm -f $f;done

Problem solved.

À dieu.
Reply to
Silvan

I had to work Thanksgiving and Christmas last year due to low senority. It sucked, but at least I was employed back then. No shopping money this year.

Reply to
Phisherman

You might also give some thought to your habit of bad mouthing a company that helps contribute to your standard of living.

If you truly believe that Wal-Mart is that evil, your family should disavow itself from such evil.

BTW...kill files work best for the person that's been honored to go in there. lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

Reply to