Wal-Mart

Sitting here...browsing and posting...and watching the story of the birth of Wal-Mart on A&E Biography. Yesterday, they had The Home Depot story.
Very interesting series. Hope some of you got to see it...especially those of you who think Wal-Mart employees are treated unfairly.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Add pictures here
✖
Trent© wrote:

If you don't work at Wal-Mart, Trent, I'd really appreciate it if you'd quit talking out your ass.
My Thanksgiving, incidentally, was the worst I can ever remember having. My wife had to work at Wal-Mart all day.
✖
"Silvan"

My
That sucks. Wal Mart in our town is closed for the day, but K Mart is open. According to the manager, it is strictly voluntary to work that day. I still refuse to go to any store on a holiday. If no one went, they would close. Its all about $$$ Ed
Add pictures here
✖

When I was a kid, Ed, only essential businesses were allowed to be open on Sunday...and even fewer on holidays.
I don't know where Mike lives. But I don't know of any Wal-Mart's that are open on Thanksgiving.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Add pictures here
✖

And all those employees are making time and a half or double time being there, I'm sure they aren't complaining too much.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:25:21 -0500, Silvan

I don't talk out of my ass, Mike...most times. Yer a disgruntled, former Wal-Mart employee. We all understand that...most of us have been there at some time or another.
Did you see the program? If not, you missed a good...and it seemed like, fair...presentation.

I didn't know they made their employees work 24 hours.
Over the course of my career, there were MANY times I had to work holidays. Nurses, motel operators, police, firemen, etc. do it all the time.
And somehow, they manage to make time for their families.
If it was MY wife, I'da brought her a turkey sandwich and a rose at break time...and shared it with her in the cafeteria.
Get over it!...and yourself.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Add pictures here
✖
Trent© wrote:

[silvan@giganator] /var/spool/news/rec/woodworking ->for f in `grep -l 'From: Trent' *`;do rm -f $f;done
Problem solved.
À dieu.
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:25:41 -0500, Silvan
You might also give some thought to your habit of bad mouthing a company that helps contribute to your standard of living.
If you truly believe that Wal-Mart is that evil, your family should disavow itself from such evil.
BTW...kill files work best for the person that's been honored to go in there. lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:25:21 -0500, Silvan

That's retail, sorry. Don't like it, have her get a job in another industry. That's like being a waitress and complaining you have to work around food.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:25:21 -0500, Silvan wrote:

I had to work Thanksgiving and Christmas last year due to low senority. It sucked, but at least I was employed back then. No shopping money this year.
Add pictures here
✖
http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/29/news/companies/blackfriday_results_update/index.htm?cnn=yes