Wadkin Pin Router info needed.

I am trying to help a friend with some info on a Wadkin pin router he has just acquired (I looked on OWWM but they had no reference to Wadkin as a Manufacturer - which surprised me a little).

Anyway, this looks to be around 1930-50 vintage, runs at 900rpm and weighs around 1/2 ton. I'd appreciate some advice on where to begin looking for references, IDAGS etc

TIA,

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

OWWM won't do UK machines.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Greg,

I know next to nothing about Wadkin machine but try

email them. I believe they still carry spares for machinery made in the 50s. If they can't help I sure they can point you to someone who can. If you want to do further research use the British version of Google
and you can confine your search to UK sites where I suspect all further information can be had. In the meantime I have some old woodworking mags from the 40s and 50s and I'll have a gleek through them to see if I can find anything of interest.

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net

Reply to
Noel Hegan

I'm not sure where you received this information but it isn't true.

The problem would be more along the lines of there are no participating UKers on the OWWM.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

From OWWM - when I offered them full photos and write-up on my Wadkin saw.

Because we're not welcome !

Andy Dingley

is your saw 20 years or older or out of production?

ya know, a lot of owwmers will turn up their noses at taiwanese machinery, but I've never seen them do so with british stuff.

Reply to
nospam

Noel,

thanks for the kind offer. Why not hold on a bit and next time I am over there I'll get some pictures to post and a bit more detail of compliance/reg plates etc. That way the haystack and needle ratio might be improved.

I tried Wadkin's site but no ready to hand info was found. I might try an email to them when I get some pics.

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Interesting. Who/what had you talked to?

Again, not true. We do try to cater to foreigners.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Mine's a cast iron '64 10AGS

made the same saw for many years (both before and after), then changed the design and did it in steel. Wadkin are just doing moulders these days, not sure when they stopped saws.

I've a suspicion that Sunhill are now making a saw of the same design

- certainly looks similar.

I'll try to root out the email from OWWM.

Andy Dingley

Greg,

No problem, let me know when you're ready.

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hega at virgin dot net

Reply to